Chapter Twenty-Four| Chris to watch out

Chris raised his brow, lowering his head to meet her eyes.
"What's wrong?", he asked.
Nichole stuttered, and tried hard to hide it.
"I...didn't loose Puppeteer whilst dying...it's still there..", she mumbled.
Chris' eyes wandered, he didn't seem shocked at all.
"You're too overpowered Nikki.. I had a feeling. But there's no way I'll leave you here, I'll follow my orders. Got it?", he repeated.
She nodded, then grabbed her weapon and followed Giulia, who was merely escaping a left over lord follower.

"I don't think so looser. Your time's up!", she yelled.
The purple and blue haired joiner each other, Nichole blocking hits with her blade.
"Yeah, time to teach you! Attack the queen and deal with me!", Giulia shouted.
Chris followed behind, taking a stand behind his daughter.
"Oh, nice timing! Let's show them dad and daughter power!", the blue haired called.
Chris laughed, speeding up to arrest the last person with his daughter.

She grabbed the attackers arm, twisted it and forced him on the ground.
Chris copied Nichole's movement from before, letting Giulia do the actual arrest.
He let his daughter handle the woman, and rushed over to Nichole.
"Good job Chris.", the warrior grinned.
"Yeah..it's okay. Just glad I can finally keep watch on you.", he retorted.
Unbeknownst to them, Dehja had walked over, quietly setting off to talk.
"Could we leave? Check on the prisoners I mean. It would be good to know what's behind all this.", she asked.
Chris tilted his head, and quietly nodded, grabbing Nichole's arms, glancing over to her threateningly.
'Don't try anything' it said.

Arriving back at the castle, the group, consisting of Chris, Nichole, Seb and Giulia walked in the dungeons, Maria and Adrien took station watching the few not really healthy royals.

The purplenette and Giulia walked ahead, Chris following a mere step behind.
Seb caught up to his friend, his hand placed on the other's shoulder.

"Freaked out much buddy? What's up with Nikki and this thing anyway?", he calmly asked.
Chris sighed, and took a step back.
"Thing is, nothing's holding her back anymore. She's immensely strong and could literally kill at a moments notice. We gotta be careful. Also, I got a feeling something's going on with her."
"What makes you think that?", the brunette whispered.
"I've known Nikki forever. It's clear there's something she's not telling. And we gotta be careful.", Chris retorted, his eyes lazer-focused on the warrior.

They arrived where the leader of followers was locked up, and fell silent as Nichole stepped in and took the lead.
"Nikki..let me in, now.", Chris quietly ordered.
She flinched, but ignored him.
The man opposite her seemed scared for his life.
"Well, it seems I already know your face huh? Or do you happen to have a clone...Millan.", she grinned, the man growling, and backing off.

"Nikki..let me in.", Chris repeated.
Again, ignored.
"Why Hilgers? You were on the evil side!"
"Hmpf. There's a difference between learning and not learning mister. Your betrayal was already stupid enough."
"As if...this Bennet knows nothing."
Big mistake, Nichole grew angry.

"Watch your mouth traitor. I should know what I'm speaking of.", she growled.
"You're a traitor yourself. Don't throw with stones in glass houses Hilgers."
The guards' face heated up, flames engulfed on her legs.
Her voice was surprisingly steady.
"Bennet's are dumb bastards. And traitors shouldn't raise their voice!", the man protested.
"Shut up! All I wanna hear is your answers to our questions! Shut up I said!", Nikki yelled, repeatedly ignoring Chris' instructions.
The man didn't back off, neither did Nichole although it was obvious she was hurt inside.

"Pfft Traitors shouldn't talk like this. Better pay for what you did!"
"Trust me, I did! I paid for this for years, in Tartarus! I know how it feels! So leave it!-"-the guard angrily pulled her blade, flames engulfing it and her, changing forms.
Her demon wings spread, fire went along the cell walls.
"Chris! Do something for Fauna's sake! We got a major problem here!", Seb nudged a distracted Chris.
The latter bust through the door, running inside to a raging Nichole. "Fuck." he cursed.

"You betrayed us, and you'll pay for it!", the guard growled.
She was hovering above the ground, fire everywhere. Chris ran towards her, mumbling to himself.
"Once in my life I'm thankful Luca's a fucking shadow born."
"How the fuck are you here?!", an angry man greeted the guard.
"You should know how. I'm a freaking Bennet.", Chris retorted, enjoying the fear in the man's face.
Brown hair seemed red in the flames, and ice blue eyes changed to red in Shadow Knight form.

The man backed off, watching helplessly as Chris grabbed Nikki's hand dragging her down.
"Not now, dealing with one angry Bennet is bad enough, you'll see when you get to hell.", he smirked.
A pissed Nikki whispered in his ear.
"You're not too different from Luca, ya know? Both of you strike fear without fail."
"Whatever.", Chris replied, stroking back his hair, the same way his younger brother would.

From the outside, the Bennet siblings had little alike, mostly their eye color.
But when you looked deeper into it, these brothers had more similarities than you first realized.
The gruff way they spoke when cocky, how dead their tone became when bored. They mirrored each other in the thick, controlled and gravelly tone Chris spoke; compared to the rough, strident but still gravelly tone Luca put to show.
The way they fought, their heads lowered and without any word. The way their face scrunched when smirking.
And last but not least, the way they could threaten anyone with just their tone, sending shivers down people's spine. Their eyes awakening stages of fright in anyone.