"Claire." Effs voice is light and I feel I might pass out.

"What-what are you trying to say?" My voice is hardened. I look to each of them, none willing to speak and my temper seems to be flaring by the second.

"Blake was sent here to kill you Claire, along with his brothers." Quil's reaching for my arm but I just shake him off in my sudden suffocation being in this room.

"No, no he loved me." The angry looking vampire scoffs.

"He's a vampire, a psychotic blood thirsty vampire who you thought loved you." I glare right at the man who could easily snap my neck. I look deeply into the eyes of this this angry man, and I know the look far too well.

He's lost someone, someone dear to him. The looks Effie casted him, the sharpness in his tone. This man used to be gentle, grief took that from him.

"Fuck you. Fuck all of you, he saved my life from them. He died protecting me." My voice cracking at the end. Their all watching me and my mind going a million miles a second. This wasn't what I wanted to hear, just as I was about to turn to Quil to leave the blonde woman speaks.

"Why would he save her? Where they mates?" A growled ripped from behind me, I know it's Quil. I sigh, desperately reaching my hand behind me and grabbing his. He couldn't be losing control right now, especially when I was.

"Did he say anything, about being your mate Claire?" Effie asks gently. I stare at her like she's crazy even though the memory is stung in my head.

"A mate to both creatures? Impossible." The asshole vampires says in disgust.

"It was the last thing he told me but..." That sentence was it for me, I said and heard all I could I turn around to Quil, he's moving his arm around me and moving us out the door before I can even process it.

I think he wanted us to leave more than I did. He knew when to stop, to call it quiets with things when I was still learning.

Effie

"She clearly was raised by you." Edwards snide comment in the conversation doesn't go overlooked, no he's been pissing me off in the 30 minutes I've seen him.

"Clearly your here to see if I got my temper in check Ed." His face forms into a smirk but steps back. I try and ignore him, how he's become. But it's hard, really hard when you knew him once as the kindest man. Pain changes people.

I knew that first hand, when Drew and Bella died I think a part of me did too. I don't seek danger, I have no calling for it and my family has now become the main thing I protect.

"If Aro's back how will we not go into this blindly once again?"

"That's the thing, we will have too. Theirs no preparation for it besides being on guard. I was hoping you guys would stay a while, till we finally see it is calm." I say with hope, they haven't been to town in forever.

"That sounds like a great—," "No." Edward says cutting off his daughter.

"Why?" I huff, he was going to be relentless.

"Because this isn't our home anymore." He says coldly, I notice Jacob watching him a glare in his direction. Those last couple days before the fight, they both were close. Now they were farther than ever.

"No, father, it's Christmas Seth should get to stay with his family." I take notice of the grip she had on Seth and he had on her. They must have had a easier chance at being together, not much like the rest of us.

We left the Cullen's and I felt like I couldn't breath the weight of everything once again, the weight of Edward's change hitting me.

I watch as Jacob pulls off to the side of the road, just as my mind is racing more. He pulls me into his warm arms and for those few seconds I'm back and I'm okay.