Vampires

"Certainly any god might turn away in disgust."

Quil drove us, him and I in my car as we drive past the La Push sign and into Forks

Quil drove us, him and I in my car as we drive past the La Push sign and into Forks. I shake my head, leaning it against the window in frustration.

"You always do that? Obey whenever someone decides something, even if it's not even a decision for them?" I'm not even looking at him, but I can feel his eyes hot on me.

"Say the word, I will take you out of there." I look over at him, his eyes trained on me as we're parked in the driveway of a large house. We get out and I walk ahead of him but he's grabbing my wrist to gently pull me back.

"I want you near me, the entire time we're here, okay?" His voice strict, serious about this. I assumed it was the vampires, his wolf probably not taking it well or something. I don't answer him but we walk in sync as we meet Effie at the door.

I watch as each of her steps are hesitant and take even more notice as she keeps watching Jake, more like his tightened facial expression. The door swings open, another vampire by the sign of the golden eyes with a warm smile and blonde hair. "Welcome."

Effie's attacking him in a hug before any of us react. As she let's him go we move in the house, a blonde woman this time attacking her into the hug. "Alice!" Effie sounded like a teenage girl.

More of them move into the room, all not bearing a single flaw. Seth joins them, sticking out with his tan complexion. I watch as the man with sandy blonde hair's the only one who's face doesn't melt seeing Effie.

Effie walks right past him as she hugs the others in greeting. I wondered just how well she knew all of these people. She finally comes back to the man who's face was still hardened, moving back to her spot by Jake. Why was he being such a douchebag to her? Did they have history?

My questions seem unimportant as Effie begins speaking. "I don't think any of you met Claire, she's my niece." I don't smile at any of them, unsure if it was the right thing to do in the moment so I nod.

"She's the one who was courting Blake Dalton?" The hardened faced vampire asks, my breath catches at the question.

"Yes. Which is why she's here, why your all here. Did you find out anything about the family?" Effie asks looking at the older man who answered the door.

"I talked to Ephraim, a friend from Italy. He said that the Dalton's turned over to the Volturi a century ago. Said he used them for ploys and spying." He steps forward a hand to his chest, "It's in my sincere apologies that I gave you the impression they where good, when I met them, they were."

"So they were sent here to spy on us?" Jake growls.

"Most likely," the man's eyes dart to mine, "their relationship tells me they were sent here to kill you, or someone near to you Bethany."