Now We Just Survive

"My darling, you hold so much sadness in your eyes, I can almost touch the scars of your soul and cry."

I woke up for school the next morning, dreading going but knowing if I stayed here with these people, people I would hardly call my family was much worse

I completely dodge anyone as I walk outside, realizing too late that my car wasn't even here. I bet that asshole thought I'd come back over to get it, I'd rather walk.

I do just that as I begin a 30 minute maybe 40 minute walk to Forks. A truck pulling up beside me being Colin, and I can't decide if I should be mad at him or not. Then I realize, he's only probably here because he got sent. That's all he was to them now, a beck and call.

"Get in, you shouldn't be walking." I flip him off as I continue to walk. He stops the truck getting out to jog up to my fast speed.

"Claire, I'm sorry okay? I know what happened and I'm sorry." I huff turning to him.

"Why are you sorry for hm?"

"For not being able to tell you, for you feeling this way, I don't know Claire whatever a best friend should feel bad for."

"Since when are we best friends." I scoff.

"Since we were 13 till forever." He says humoring me. I shake my head.

"No that all changed, and when you do things like this, coming to get me to let that dick know about me, that's where I draw the line on our friendship." He grabs my arm spinning me back to him.

"No Claire, I came on my own for you. There's no supernatural, no imprint, that's going to change how much you mean to me here me?" I get closer to him, seeing his vulnerability for what it was.

"So that's why you couldn't chase me no more? The imprint." I finally pieced together his words from that day in the empty classroom. He's still then he finally nods.

"I need someone, someone who isn't going to be on his side of things. Someone who understands what I feel, and that I never want to see him again." He takes in my searing words, nodding his head looking ahead of us.

"He won't go near you then. We will go back to how it used to be." I reach up, grabbing him in my arms and he quickly hugs me back. I needed something to fill it, the void that was tearing me up. My best friend couldn't do it, but we could try and see.

I kept my head down as I went through the halls, wanting to skip out on my 2nd block and just go home. I move into the class, ignoring Mrs. Andersons greeting and taking my seat in the middle. I can feel eyes on me, knowing it's Blake's without even looking but I ignore them letting my thoughts take over as Mrs. Anderson tries to teach.

I go back to that night, not the conflict, but how good it was going before it. We were just in the kitchen laughing at how hungrily he ate. He was wiping his sauced face on me and I acted bothered but I was really just delighted at the reaction I could get from him. The kiss he gave me, right before he told me the truth, it was like he knew that would be my reaction to it. It was our last kiss.