Considerably Broken

"Sometimes being offered tenderness feels like the very proof that you've been ruined."

It had been a week, to lie and say I had changed any from the first day it happened would be a lie

It had been a week, to lie and say I had changed any from the first day it happened would be a lie. I would wake up a considerate amount of times throughout the day, a sob would break my chest, Quil was always there to catch me.

I barely ate, Quil would try and shove plates in my face earning a glare to back off. I had a few visits, but Quil would be the one to speak and I just listen.

Quil would talk a lot, telling me anything no matter how stupid or uninteresting to keep maybe himself sane. I'd give him a little mumble, a groan if I was trying to sleep when he told it.

"I'm going into work today Claire." He mumbles into my skin. My eyes open, the sunlight bothering them immediately.

"Until I'm off, Emily will be up here to keep check on you." I let out a huff, telling him silently that I hated the idea of him leaving me. I knew though, I couldn't be anymore selfish than I already was. I lean up, making eye contact with him.

"Okay." I mumble. He frowns, he was frowning a lot here lately. I hated it, how he had to drop everything to care for me. At the same time, I could give one crap because he was all I needed.

"I'm going to leave in 5 minutes." He mumbles at he moves his head into the crook of my neck. I hummed back at him as we drew closer. He lit me up when he did this, making my brain go from wrecked to almost normal.

5 minutes felt like 2 seconds when he forced himself up out of the bed. Once he's out of the room, I stay in my same position suddenly the bed too big for me.

"Hey Fireheart." I hear but don't lift my head, I know it's Effie.

"I wanted to see if I could get some words out of you." She quipped.

"Quil won't tell you how worried everyone is, but I thought I might to let you know just how many people are here. Waiting for you to get better." I couldn't help the scoff leave my throat from her words.

I honestly couldn't see the day where I felt better.

"Emily's been a cleaning mess, while we got Brady and Colin getting on Jake's nerves with how much they ask about you. We told most of them to give you some space, knowing you just needed Quil right now." My head shoots up at the accusation.

"I don't need Quil." She looks surprised but laughs.

"Still so defiant on that subject huh?" I ignore her.

"You know feel how you feel, but when I lost my grandfather, the first year I moved here, I wanted to push everyone away. But there was that one person I couldn't get to budge, that was Jacob."

I wouldn't give her the time to go in the direction she was going with it.

"Well if you want anything, books seem to pass the long days for me."