All You Wanted

"There will always be a person who looks like a poem the earth wrote to keep you alive."

You ever get those moments that completely stained your entire existence? Like you knew when your 75 and sitting on a porch, only having memories to live through

You ever get those moments that completely stained your entire existence? Like you knew when your 75 and sitting on a porch, only having memories to live through. These moments are the ones your sitting there playing over and over.

I was slowly, so slow, that it probably wasn't apparent to anyone but me; slowly becoming a happier person. I had, I always would have, the dark view on things I would never be Mrs sunshine. But finding out that my best friends were wolves in some kind of crazy aspect made my life so much better.

It could of also had something to do with a man that went by the name, Quil Ateara. It was like I was 13 again, but probably even better as I was spending any time I had with him, Brady, Colin. Sometimes I would even just sit at the beach after school, waiting on them to get off patrols and come surf, swim, try and fail to play soccer.

Right now I was doing just that, waiting for them to come to the beach for surfing. Quil said he'd come to with little to no convincing. Begrudgingly inviting Toby as well. I closed my eyes taking in the fresh, cool air. Until my peace is ruined as I'm picked up like a sack of potatoes and thrown over a shoulder. Instantly with the warm skin I knew it had to be one of them.

"Put me down!" I yelled through my laughter. He puts me down and I'm faced with Colin. I bring my finger to my nose.

"You smell like BO." He laughs trying to move closer but I just move farther and farther away, till I'm falling flat on my butt into the water. I frown up at him but that's soon replaced when I see the others, ignoring Toby's outreached hands that I of course wouldn't go in I run till I'm in Quil's big arms. He picks me up instantly as I wrap my hands around his neck.

I don't know when we got so comfortable with each other or the fact that if I didn't seem him in more than 4 hours I suddenly missed him greatly.

"Missed you Fireheart." He mumbled into my hair. I would only allow the nickname to pass from a fews lips, Quil's being my favorite.

"C'mon Claire, you get our boards?" I nodded moving from Quil before running a few feet away to point all 5 of them out on the ground. I dragged them all, one at a time from my car. Things weighing the size of me it felt like, sometimes. Each boy picks up a board, as I go to grab mine I notice Quil taking a seat on the sand.

"You still haven't learned have you?" I say arms crossed. He shakes his head.

"I'm not an ocean man Claire, I'll coach." I shake my head immediately.

"Quil, let me teach you C'mon." I say moving to reach out my hand. He takes it to hold but not to get up.

"I would probably do anything for you Claire, but not this." I scoff but hear the other boys yelling at me to come on. I give him one last pleading look before running to join them.