God Knows I Can't

"Love will never end well for me."

My body was shaking with a new chill every couple seconds, more and more wolves piled in to finish the attack

My body was shaking with a new chill every couple seconds, more and more wolves piled in to finish the attack. Once done, it got calmer, quieter and I notice how slowly all of their heads turn towards me.

My stomach is churning up vomit and my head is heavy. I take myself from this place, back to 5 years ago, before mom passed and I was left to see just how cruel the world could be. I let out a sob, she would have loved him.

"Claire!" I hear, bringing me from my thoughts. I follow the noise, looking down to a disheveled Quil at the bottom of the tree.

"Claire, it's safe; come down." I immediately shake my head, his body still laying a couple feet from the tree. If I went down there and I really seen it, it would mean I wasn't imagining this, that he was really gone.

"Claire please." He begged. It took a few more seconds till I feel the tree shake, looking down as the man somehow used whatever kind of strength that aloud a man to climb straight up a tree. He reached the thick limb I sat on, moving to the front of it to reach for me. When my waist was grabbed I just sunk my nails into the tree, his intentions unclear to me at the moment.

"I'm going to get you down okay?" His voice shows pleading. I look at him, Quil, my Quil, as his worry grows. A sob breaks my chest at the words and I just close my eyes, he does as he said but my feet don't touch the ground once were down. I'm in a warm chest, the cold in a few seconds won't matter as much.

I open my eyes, realizing in my line of sight there laid Blake. I ran out of Quil's arms so quickly as my mind goes on autopilot. I run right towards the body, falling over my feet when I see the head far from the body.

Blake, my Blake, was dead. I couldn't, no I couldn't believe it to be true. I grapple in the snow, letting out another blood curling scream I was sure that busted my own ear drums. Hands grab my waist and I'm quick to fight them, rough hands make their way to my face.

"Listen to me...listen to me!" I pause my assault, "I'm taking you out of here okay?"

His face probably reflected mine, disheveled, at loss, and completely in lost for understanding.

I was in his arms, no crying came out but neither did any rational thoughts, I kept bringing myself back to happier times.

One seemed to be familiar to the arms I was already in. I was in a bed, a really really warm bed and I smelt the rain before I opened my eyes to see it. Not expecting to see a sleeping body next to me, it was Quil, he looked so content I smiled adoringly. Looking over his shoulder I see where the rain was coming from, as it was pouring and it was perfect as I just moved deeper into his arms. Life was perfect.

I get brought back out, realizing yes I was in those same arms but without any of the same context. I was in a vehicle, sitting in Quil's lap as he looked straight ahead a serious expression on his usual calm face. I raise up, his arms latching around to keep my by him.