Double Crossed

"I wish I wasn't such a dreamer. I've ruined this life for myself."

"Claire wakey wakey!!" A screaming child yells into my ear

"Claire wakey wakey!!" A screaming child yells into my ear. I let out a groan, covering my ears with a pillow only to be hit by tiny hands. I jolt up, facing the conniving little girl known as Layla.

"You used to be my favorite." I huff out. She let's out a small laugh, moving to sit on my lap.

"Momma said you sleep in too late." I frown, looking over at the clock that read 1 p.m. What they didn't know is I haven't woken up before noon in a hot minute. My schedule was out of wack and I possibly got too much sleep.

"Well she isn't the one out slaying dragons is she?" I laugh as Layla's face changes to surprise. I'd tell her these stories of stuff I'd do to feed her imagination and she always ran a mile with it.

"I want to be just like you!" She yells. I give her a sharp look, that catching me completely off guard. I grab her into my arms.

"No, you don't, you think you do. But when you get older, you'll want to be the princess in the castle. Waiting on some half wit prince to save you." I sounded bitter, way too bitter. I knew she didn't understand me now, I mean c'mon she was only like 5.

Layla laid around in the room for me a bit, I told her some more stories that later on in life I can disappoint her when she finds out they aren't true. After that I go and take a shower, my heart suddenly hurts. Reminding me of last night, and how every time I get suckered into Quil it always goes wrong.

We could never be friends. The realization killing me, that I held too big a grudge for what our relationship was, and he would never give up in trying to get me back. It was going to end badly, more than it already has.

I get a call from Colin around 6, telling me that he was coming up to make sure I was dressed properly. I let out a laugh, removing my shirt to be in just my tank top and jeans. He walks in right as I move to stretch, taking me in and then quickly covering his eyes.

"I should have known you'd play on that one."

"I don't know what you mean Colin." I say flirtatiously. He snorts, moving into the room and closing the door.

"What are your plans tonight?" I let out a laugh, falling back onto my Queen sized bed. Indicating my plans for this lovely Saturday night. He comes over, pulling my arm to where I sit up.

"Your free, great! We're going to a bonfire."

"With other people? No thanks." I didn't know when I'd become so anti social, but it's happened.

"Yes, Claire, and you know deep down you love other people. But it's only the pack excluding the older guys." I nodded, slightly interested but only slight.

"No thanks, I choose my bed."

"And we've respected that choice for the past couple weeks, even joined you in it. But now you got to come out with us."