It Might Be Forever

"Forever?" I asked, searching his eyes for some kind of answer to reassure my anxious mind.

"Forever," he whispered back. And we smiled, relieved, as if that one word was some sort of guarantee, a contract made between us and the universe.

 And we smiled, relieved, as if that one word was some sort of guarantee, a contract made between us and the universe

I walked up to the window sill on a late September morning, finding snow to be replacing the wood. Grabbing my camera quickly, snapping a photo of La Push's first snow grinning down as I move down the stairs to open the door, snow was probably one of my favorite things to document.

Passing Emily as I run outside, I move out towards the tree's, knowing these pictures you would think you'd be able to reach out and touch.

"Claire Young where are your shoes?!" I hear from the porch and I look down, realizing I did run out in only socks. I move back into the house, content at the pictures I got. Grinning as I hear a door slam, looking over at Quil walking up I'm quick to snap a picture before running up and hugging him close.

It's been a month, a really, really good month with Quil Ateara. Most mornings I would wake up in his arms, but Emily didn't like the idea of me staying over constantly. So before he went to work, and I too school, he'd come over to see me. I kiss him gently, not even caring that Em was right there.

"Quil bring her inside before she get's pneumonia." She says making him look down at my shoeless feet. With a wide grin he picks me up like a child before carrying me inside. I don't realize how cold I was till I made it back into the warm home. I move towards his chest even as he puts me down.

"Your always so warm all the time, it's annoying."

"Someone's gotta keep you warm, barefoot in the snow." I huff up at him before pulling my camera between us.

"Had to get pictures of the first snow." I say simply before moving towards the kitchen table. Joining Sam, Layla, and Tyler. I watched as Layla ate her toast like the most sloppiest kid ever. Laughing at her as I wipe her mouth off.

"Bonfire's tonight Claire." Quil says. I nodded drinking down my orange juice.

"I'm very aware Quil, it's been every Friday since I've learned to stare." I say batting my eyes at him. He gives me a glare, followed by a wink as he bites into his bacon.

"It's a date then." He says making me spit out my orange juice laughing.

Quil drove me to school, something he did every now and then, making extra sure to get out to open my doors before a big smooch that usually got a lot of stares.

"Hm, is there any reason your going late to work just to drop me off Quil?" I ask wrapping my arms around his neck. He looks away grinning.

"I am just making sure you make it here safely, is that so hard to believe?" I lean up giving him a quick peck on the lips.