Youth

"It all comes down to the person you look for in a crowded room."

I got to school a little late today, I stayed up all night babysitting Layla and Tyler, while Emily and Sam went on a date

I got to school a little late today, I stayed up all night babysitting Layla and Tyler, while Emily and Sam went on a date. I didn't mind, I took them out to the backyard and camped with them in a tent. Which I'll probably never get to do again considering I made Layla cry telling her scary stories a child shouldn't know. Walking into 2nd I met the face of Blake grinning at my late form but what caught my eyes was the La Push boy sitting in the back: Brady. He gave me a kind wave to which I returned with the middle finger, going to sit down.

"How was your weekend?" Blake asks me after class. I think back to the interesting weekend before quickly shoving it in the back of my head.

"Boring, what did you do this weekend?" He throws me a grin.

"I read some." Is his answer and I laughed at how he always seemed to find reading his entertainment.

"I bet you sleep with your books don't you?" A chuckle escapes him.

"When I get around to it yeah." We turn a corner and there standing around my locker are Colin, Brady, and Toby. Their head's shoot up as they spot us, not looking at me however, glaring at Blake instead. I look up at Blake's stiff form.

"I'll see you later." As I don't want to, but have to get my books from my locker for next block. A grin appears on Toby's face as he stands completely in front of my locker.

"Move meathead." I say very unkindly.

"Hm I don't think I will Fireheart." I look up at him at the nickname, the nickname he shouldn't know.

"You want another black eye to match the one I gave you last time?" I say stepping up towards him. He let's out a deep chuckle, moving his hands through his short hair, almost like he forgot he chopped it all off.

"Try me." But before I do try him, Colin turns facing him, anger clear on his face.

"Move Toby, or when Jacob finds out patrols will be doubled." I frowned at that clear threat that made no sense. Toby rolls his eyes.

"I'm only joking with her, that is the only way she'll even talk to us." He speaks as if I'm not right here. I turn to him.

"I never talked to you before, why would I change now?" It was true, I had no clue why Colin or Brady got so close to this idiot recently he was never our friend.

"Ignore him Claire, but please for the love of God talk to us." Brady says insinuating between him and Colin. I make a face like I'm thinking about it for a seconds, before I give them a glare.

"Why should I? You completely ignored me forever, and now that Quil let you off your chains you think I will just tip toe around it." Toby steps forward again and my temper is about to get flared at this idiot.