It Might Be Heartbreak

"Please spare my heart and just tell me the truth."

That one tiny question had his body tense, my stomach began sinking a bit

That one tiny question had his body tense, my stomach began sinking a bit. I move my face up, seeing his reaction to be one of surprise.

"Who told you about it?" He asks, face taking form of a scowl. It wasn't what I wanted though, I wanted him to brush it off, explain it and us go to bed. Now, now I had to know.

"Toby, he was going on about what helped wolfs, and he brought up imprints. Brought up that Hallie and Brady are one." He's silent, as he stares at me like I have some kind of knife at his throat.

"Don't worry about it." He tries to pull me back in his arms but I'm already up, sitting criss cross beside his stretched out figure.

"Yet I am wide awake, because your reaction is nothing but normal." I say squinting my eyes.

"Claire." His tone has warning, like I shouldn't be asking him of this.

"Quil." I say challenging him to expect me to just let up now. He closes his eyes, I guess deciding instead to tell me is just to ignore me like a child. I huff before dragging the cover up, moving it around me as I move from the bed. If he was going to be a child, I would too.

I'm not quick to recover when Quil's form is suddenly in front of me. Never hardly seeing his wolf speed still leaves me shook. "Where are you going?"

"Home." He sighs rubbing his hand down his face.

"Your leaving because I won't answer a question?" I nodded like it was obvious and I was completely right.

"You don't trust me, that's fine, completely fine actually because-" I'm caught off guard as he kisses me in one swift motion. It starts off fast and consuming, I know to keep me from saying anything more rashly. He pulls back after a couple minutes, I'm so completely affected I wouldn't mind if he didn't tell me and kissed me again.

"Your my imprint."

I stare at him processing the words. First off, I googled it earlier said it was a 'stamp on a person or body' so that told me nothing. So the elaboration needed to come sooner before later.

"What's that?" I asked hesitating my questions because they usually like to bite me in the ass.

He moves towards the edge of the bed, I follow sitting beside him. He's looking down at me, so much adoration and warmth I could hardly breath right now.

"When we shifted, we got the wolf. We got supernatural strength, supernatural speed. My wolf and I, we are one but there are certain things the wolf takes control over and gives us, even as human. That's an imprint."

"A...a person?" I ask, slowly piecing that whatever it was, it was a person.

"Yeah, a person Claire." My heart starts racing, "This person, each of us wolves are gifted with, they are to help us be better. They in return, get our unconditional love and support. We would do anything for them, be anything they needed us to be. The wolf's imprint."