Igniting The Flames

"Would 'sorry' have made any difference? Does it ever? It's just a word. One word against a thousand actions."

After that intense scene, Blake dropped me off at the border as I called Colin to pick me up

After that intense scene, Blake dropped me off at the border as I called Colin to pick me up. Even with the understanding him and I have came to I couldn't shake the feeling of being left out in the cold.

But even more to my dislike the soft eyed boy who should be waiting for me with a grin is replaced with a brooding male who looks like he spends his time grunting at people. Jacob Black is who's waiting.

"We'll talk later, okay?" I look over at him and I can already feel the beginning of something beginning to grow between us. He grins at me, before I can even react he's kissing me gently. I can feel my face getting red as the wolf a couple feet in front of us glared at the vehicle. After I'm quick to get out, moving hesitantly towards the passenger seat of Effie's jeep.

He's not saying a word as he drives, and I thank the heavens for it. This was one of Quil's best friends, I was just a nuisance kid to him.

I turn towards the window, recognizing the road we're on and am quick to realize he's not taking me home, no we're pulling into Quil's driveway. I look over at him like he's lost his mind.

"Hell no." I say immediately my voice hard. My heart began racing as he looks over at me angrily.

"Listen to me Claire and listen good. That man has been in there miserable." My heart clenches at the thought.

"He won't eat, sleep, nothing. You are going to go in there and tell him too." He demands. I shake my head even though the words kept gutting at me.

"I'm not seeing him." I couldn't. Jacob starts shaking but immediately stops and I remember the wolves do this when their close to shifting. I'd rather be attacked by a wolf than see him right now.

"You will get past your anger and you will care for him like I know you do Claire." He was demanding again, demanding I get past my emotions I had a right to have. I shoot him my heaviest glare before getting out. I had no intention of doing anything but going in there to let the bastard get to his senses and take me home.

I march up the steps, opening the door I swore I'd never be back in. Quil's in his bed, sound asleep. Jake lied, he fricken lied to me.

I go to leave, the sound of my name making me turn back around. I frown as I see him with opened eyes, he looked remotely almost as miserable as I've been.

His eyes are red-rimmed and a startling, striking shade of auburn, shining with barely restrained emotion. His face is the picture of so much pain.

I almost can't breathe. But then remind myself that he had no right to deserve any pity for it. My stomach hollowed out already but I won't show it. I would be strong.

"Your here." His voice is so hopeful, like he didn't know Jake was right outside forcing me here.

"He said you haven't ate or slept." I state pointing out the window at Jake's truck. He frowns, moving the sheets off of him to stand. In nothing but shorts as usual, like he just got back from patrol or something.