Falling

"I always felt like I saw things differently. Saw things other people didn't."

We made it to the man, who goes by Eddie's office

We made it to the man, who goes by Eddie's office. The little old man smiles as we enter, taking a seat.

"It's nice to finally put a name to a painting?" I look at him in question.

"It's probably better if I show you than tell you." With that he leads us out the door, down the hall to a room.

I gasp at what I walk in to see. He wasn't lying when he said their was 30 paintings covering the tall walls.

"What is this place?"

"It's where we store our paintings. This room is Blake's, I tried when he sent them here to move them, show the world but Blake was a really secluded guy. Besides the two he's sent off to Italy."

"What two?" I ask still eyeing all the paintings around me, they're beautiful. Whatever Picasso or whoever did the Mona Lisa, they had nothing on Blake's work.

"These." He pulls out his tablet. My eyes go wide at the first painting, it's the one I did that day at his house. My bird with yellow skies.

"This one's called Fireheart." My eyes sting and Hallie grabs my arm.

"And then this one, the portrait of you." It put the one he done of me that day to shame. It was beautiful.

"He put these in a museum?" I mumbled out. Eddie shakes his head.

"His only two, and they are making quiet the headlines." Showing me articles done over the paintings. Who is Blake Dalton's Fireheart?

I look around the room, all of them portraying different things. Some was snow falling and blackness behind it. Others were the sun in a alluring background of dark skies. None of it would make sense to anyone who didn't understand him. He never talked about it, the pain or the problem's he endured being who he was. No, instead he would spend so much time in that back room in that empty house expressing it into his paintings.

This was it, this was the last of it.

My heart cracking, but I should be expecting this by now. I have to grab it, my chest to make it not hurt so much. When I feel the tears down my face am I not able to hold myself up anymore.

A warm body grabs me before I completely drop to the ground. I look over at Hallie's concerned face. "Give us a minute." She says looking at Eddie.

The man quickly moves from the room and she just holds me tighter. "It hurts, it hurts so bad."

"It's going to hurt, for a really long time Claire." She moves till she's crouched in front of me, my body moved to the floor. "But you are going to be okay."