Chapter 40

ITALICS: flashbacks

Ryujin’s POV

“It’s late” I grumbled as my vision blurred gazing at my wrist watch checking the time as I felt my heart crushing and tearing every time the hand  clock continuously ticks it location.

It’s almost midnight, It’s over.

She should be here by 7 but It’s almost 12.

The results are much clear.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, never in my life that I’ve been so sure before since I’ve met Yeji. After all the things that I’ve mentioned earlier still doesn’t hide the fact that I’m hoping that she will still chose me over him.

I blamed my stupid and coward self that it takes so long to make a move and make myself blind through the signs that I should be with her.

I was blinded

By my own security

I haven’t prepared myself the turned of events. I’ve been so sure that her feelings for me is that strong that any admiration she left for Yeonjun couldn’t break that easily.

Call it selfish

But that’s the things that she make me feel for her, I didn’t even realize that I have fallen for her this so hard like a cannonball hitting its target. That even a span of time I didn’t expect her to move on from me that easily.

My feelings for her is too deep more compared to the depths of the ocean, feels like I’m drowning. I can’t escape and I know she is with me in it.
Call it a chase.

Love is full of chase, she chased and allure to capture the attention of this stoned heart but the moment it softens that’s also the time she stopped.

Even feelings can get tired. She also got tired.

Call it rude.

At this moment, I would gladly barge to their date and call my best friend for the location. I’ll interrupt their happy moment and snatched her away from him.

I know that deep inside she’d choose him out of the fear that she had left for us.

Call it territorial

I can’t get enough of her. Every time her tongue rolls at the mention of my name, each moment our brown eyes would met, every scent my nostrils could capture whenever our bodies are near to each other that familiar mixed of strawberry and her natural fragnance compared to all omegas from that I knew…

She is mine

But sadly this is all a matter of silly possibilities.

I need to let her go

I need to see that smile again, that reaches to the tips of those piercing eyes.

I need to hear her laugh, the laugh that can fix any broken melodies.

I need to let her mend that broken heart, that heart that’s been shattered into pieces many times.

I need her to heal, even if I’m not the cure.

I need to see her love again, even if it’s not with me.