Chapter 24

Yeji's POV

I panted heavily as I looked through the dark road and was enveloped with many big trees, it's past midnight already. Our house is subsiding from the city which means the away area is much more like full of trees.

'How long did I run?'

I looked everywhere and was only greeted with pure darkness.

'Where am I?'

"Mama, do you think that I've got to fall in love  and find someone like Papa?" The younger me smiled at the figure of my father full of adornment. 

"Yes sweetie you could find someone that you can love but for now you are our baby" she giggled and tickle me which made me awaken from my sleepy state.

"But what is the feeling of getting in love?" I curiously asked as I squinted my eyes at her trying to open my eyes.

"Love is painful and happy at the same time,  that two words are contrasting they're hard to explain but I know you would be experiencing the same as me someday"

"Is that right Papa?"

"Yes, my princess" he responds while genuinely smiled at me.

I cheekily smiled at them as we hugged altogether feeling the fulfillment and warmth of each other.

I wiped my tears while as I remembered a certain memory from my past.  Is this what love feels like? Why do I keep on experiencing pain?

"Mama is this what you said back then?"