Chapter 26

Ryujin's POV

"Yeddeong" I softly called as I twisted the doorknob peeking inside her private room.

I was greeted by a solemn silence, following by calm snores coming from no other than the Hwang Yeji herself. I didn't know she snores.

My lips curved into a smile as I continued my way inside. Like I said I'll be back.

I placed the packed meal on the bedside table while fixing my coat. It is only 6 am in the morning which means it's kinda cold to travel.

With tired orbs, I gaze in her state with sad and adoring eyes, you shouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. Sigh.

I grab a chair that made a sudden screeching noise, afterwards, I heard a grunt from behind that made me stunned on my spot. I just disrupt her sleep.

"Ryujin?" she called my name out with the same tone she uses yesterday, which made my heart skipped a beat as I turned my head in her direction.

"Good morning" I greeted with a little grin played on my lips as I scratch my non-itchy nape.

Yeji just looked at me while rubbing her eyes as she stared at me with lifeless gazes.

"Why are you here?" she coldly asked that made me baffled for some reason and felt dejection. Not again with this tone.

"I said I'll come back right?" I answered trying to maintain a cheerful tone.

She just raised her eyebrow at me with her face displays a hint of confusion. Cute.