Chapter 27

Jungkook crawled to Seokjin and they clung to each other, sobbing and shivering uncontrollably. They had so nearly died.

The sensation of almost having drowned wasn't something that Jungkook would forget any time soon, but it was the memory of seeing Seokjin being tortured and abused that caused Jungkook the most pain.

Jungkook had watched Siwon dunk Seokjin underwater repeatedly until Seokjin almost passed out. Siwon had kicked and punched Seokjin again and again, but by then Seokjin was too weak to even cry out in pain.

Jungkook had tried to help his friend, but he couldn't move fast enough with his hands and feet tightly bound. But he did manage to butt his head into Siwon's face when he came near him. His attack infuriated Siwon further, and he became even more violent and vicious.

"Maybe it's more fun if you both drown together," Siwon snarled as he grabbed them both by the collar. "Nice, eh? You'll be friends to the bitter end."

And both of them would indeed have drowned if Taehyung hadn't found them in time.

As Jungkook hugged Seokjin tightly and huddled at the corner of the bathroom, he saw blood spreading across the floor of Seokjin's bedroom. Taehyung showed no mercy at all as he attacked Siwon relentlessly.

The big tiger ripped out chunks of flesh from Siwon's limbs and let the man convulse in agony. But he wouldn't deliver the killing blow. Not yet.

Jungkook could feel Taehyung's unbridled fury as he tore into the human male. The tiger was avenging its mate and pup. Siwon would pay for hurting Jungkook and the baby in his belly, and he would pay with his blood and his life.

Jungkook gripped the door of the bathroom and tried to make eye contact with Taehyung. But the beast wouldn't look at him. His blue eyes were glowing with rage and blood lust, and they remained locked on the enemy.

The tiger wouldn't back down until it had avenged its mate and pup and destroyed the enemy completely.

Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut when he heard Siwon's gurgling scream. He heard a heavy thud and smelled the thick, acrid scent of blood. Jungkook pressed his fist to his mouth so he wouldn't throw up.

There was a soft step and he looked up to see that Taehyung had shifted back to human form. His shirt was gone and his trousers were torn and bloodied. There were some knife wounds on his torso and blood was dripping from the side of his face.

Taehyung gathered Jungkook in his arms and murmured hoarsely, " cupcake."

Jungkook buried his face in his neck and blinked back his tears furiously. "You're hurt," he said, cupping his face with both hands.

Taehyung shook his head and glanced at Seokjin, who was leaning his head against the wall with his eyes closed. "We need to get the both of you to the hospital," Taehyung said tersely. He tapped at his watch and sent out an instant alert.

"He tried to kill us. He hurt Jin hyung badly..." Jungkook whispered as he looked at Seokjin's battered face. "I should have helped him. Siwon was extorting money from him which Jin hyung's father had borrowed from his boss. Siwon was his younger son who was also Seokjin's ex. He'd been harassing him and threatening him for some time."

Jungkook fought down a sob as he looked at his friend. "Seokjin gave him the money, thinking that he would leave him alone. But he kept threatening Seokjin to marry him. And when he finally said no, he came and hurt him."

"He will never hurt him again," Taehyung said.

Jungkook swallowed and swiped at his eyes. "I should have been there for him..."

"You are here for him," Taehyung said sternly. "You saved his life."

His tears continued dripping down his chin. He hadn't cried when Siwon was attacking them, but now that they were safe, his tears wouldn't stop flowing. "I just..."

"Shhh," Taehyung said, pressing him tightly to himself. "An ambulance is already on the way. I've sent out the alert. The cops will be here soon, together with some of my guys. I'll give them my statement and tell them what the bastard did to you and Seokjin."

Jungkook could hear sirens wailing as running footsteps pounded into the house. Two tall, well-built men stepped through the door and nodded at Taehyung. Their sharp, experienced eyes took in the situation at once, and they were careful not to touch the mutilated body in the corner of the bedroom.

"We got your alert, boss," one of them said to Taehyung. "The cops and ambulance are right behind us."