Chapter 28

Taehyung paced the length of the hospital corridor.  Both Hoseok and Jungkook were in the operating suite.  He paused at the door of the operating suite and clenched his fists.

His claws stabbed into his palms as he emitted a low growl.  His family was there.  His mate, his brother-in-law, and his baby.

“What's taking them so long?” he snarled, stepping up to the door.

Seokjin rushed to his side and stopped him from charging heedlessly ahead and creating a Taehyung-shaped hole in the door.

“Taehyung, calm down,” Seokjin said soothingly.  “They'll be fine.  The doctors know what they are doing.”

Taehyung snarled and glared at the door.  But Seokjin saw the flash of real fear in his deep blue eyes.  Taehyung was worried and scared.  He didn't know what was happening in that operating suite and he wasn't used to feeling so helpless.

He would do anything, anything at all, to make sure his family was safe.  But right now, he could do nothing.  There was nothing to do but wait.

He let Seokjin lead him to the row of chairs along the wall and sat down heavily.

“The operation will be a success,” Seokjin said bravely, but there was the slightest tremor in his voice.  “The baby, Jungkook, and Hoseok will all be okay.”  he patted his big hand and smiled.  “Your boys are strong.  Have faith in them.”

Taehyung nodded and released a slow breath.  Jungkook had gone into labor early.  The baby simply refused to wait.  It was as if their little boy knew what was at stake and was determined to arrive early so he could save his uncle Hoseok.  His uncle Hoseok was depending on him. He was here to save his uncle's life.

Despite his worry and fear, Taehyung couldn't help the surge of pride in his chest.  His son was a fierce little tiger after all. The little boy wasn't even born and he already knew to protect his family.  

Staying in his mother's womb was much safer, but his son wasn't one to choose the safe route.  He was a fighter, and he would rather risk it all and face the big bad world before his time just so that his uncle could use the stem cells in his umbilical cord and have the chance to live.

His little pup had the courage and loyalty of an alpha tiger.  He was so proud of him, and he couldn't wait to hold him in his arms.

Hoseok's condition had worsened throughout the months.  Despite all their efforts, he was losing the battle.  His cancer spread at a terrifying rate, and those dastardly cancer cells just kept ravaging his body, eating away the young man's life.