Chapter 14| ᴜɴᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴘᴏᴘ ᴜᴘs

"Daddy, I wanna make some sugar cookies, with icing too!" Bria shouted as she stomped behind me.

Since I had been working such a crazy work load, I decided to take the day off and spend it with my kids. Right now, Noah is taking a nap and Bria wants to bake cookies.

"Sure thing sweetheart."

"Can we make them look like princesses daddy!"

I chuckled and helped her up on the chair. "Princesses huh?"

She nodded. "Yep, but no frogs! They are disgusting." She said while crossed her arms. It was so cute, the way she mispronounced disgusting.

But I kept a straight face and saluted her. "Yes ma'am, boss. Whatever you want."

"Ok, I want mine to have a pretty pink dress and a sparkly crown!" Bria bounced excitedly as she rubbed her small hands together.

Bria wanted to wear her little apron, so I grabbed it from her hook and helped her out it on.

"Daddy, you have to wear your apron too." She pointed out and I nodded kissing her cheek.

"Ok, I'll wear it for you honey."

She smiled happily as I got everything to it that we would need for the cookies.

Just as I was taking everything out, the doorbell rang.

"Daddy who is it?" Bria asked with big eyes.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. "Hmm I don't know sweetheart. Stay here, and I'll go and check."

She nodded sternly and I rubbed my hand down her hair before walking through the kitchen and to the hall area towards the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me-umm Ariana."

I took my hands off of the door knob and rolled my eyes. I scuffed loudly and shook my head.

"Y/N, please open up. I just wanna talk."

"Ariana, I already told you that I didn't want to see you."

I could hear her sigh through the door. "Yes.. I know. B-but if you please just talk to me. That's all I want Y/N. Please."

Hearing her voice sounded so different.

All I wanted to do was yell at her and tell her to go the help away. After she said the insanely hurtful things that she did, I knew we just needed to stay away from each other.

Maybe we were trying to come back into each other's lives too quick. I'm sure that has almost everything to do with it. We had so much trouble and term oil in our past relationship, there was no reason for the sudden changes we made.

I know I said it was all for Bria, but I feel that it was starting to become more than that. For her and myself.

Since those estranged feelings never truly faded, then we were both entering something we shouldn't have.

"Daddy! Why are you taking foreverrrr!" I heard Bria say as she came behind me with her hand on her hips.

"Bria, uh how did you get down from the chair?"

She shrugged. "I was a big girl daddy, not come on!"

"Y/N, I understand that I messed up. But just don't shut me out."

Bria's eyes grew wide when she heard the voice through the door.

"Ariana, are you there?" She yelled. "Daddy I hear Ari outside, I think she wants to come in." Her voices went small and she looked up at me with those big, round eyes.