Chapter 4| ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ᴄᴏɪɴᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ

I had just put Noah down for his afternoon nap and now I was down in my office finishing up some work.

Leaning back in my chair with my hands resting on my stomach, I sighed deeply looking at a picture of my momma.

"Miss you so much ma."

It seems like only yesterday when we lost her. She was taken from us too early and I still can't believe it.

Some days I just wanna lay in bed and sulk in her absence all day. But I know I can't do that, I have two children that need me to be here for them.

Bria, she was an absolute mess when ma passed. Granted, she didn't and still doesn't truly understand the concept of death. But it broke her little heart when she realized she was never gonna be able to see her nana again.

Sadly Noah never go to meet her, but I tell him all the time just how much she would have loved and adored him. Because I know for a fact that she would have.

I smiled at the memories of her before being knocked out of my thoughts by the phone ringing.

"Y/N Y/LN speaking."

"Y/N. Are you busy?"

I sat up some leaning on my desk. "Dalton, no please tell me you have some good news about the new place-"

"Hey, yeah about that I was going to see if we could just meet up and get this all finished?"

I raised my eyebrow up and spun around in my chair. "For what, can't we just finish it in the office?"

He's the real-estate agent. This is his job, not ours.

"We could but I was thinking we should get more acquainted with each other, you know let bad blood go. Since we will be working together."

I sat there for a moment not knowing what to say.

"Look there is no bad blood. Why would there be?"

He chuckled on the other end making me mad. "Seriously, man do you not remember how I-"

"Alright listen I hired you to do a job, not to be my friend so just get it done!" I shouted before slamming the phone down.

God he's stupid.

___

Checking my gold watch for the time which read: 7:33. Right on time. 

I looked myself in the large mirror as I fixed my shirt. I figured I looked pretty decent.

"Hey baby, can you fix my dress for me!"

I chuckled to myself and turned away from my reflection. "Sure, thing , come on out!"

A couple of seconds later she came walking out looking amazing as ever. She looked up at me giving me a smile as I grabbed her hand turning her around  to zip her dress up.

"Wow. You look gorgeous." I smiled down at her as I twirled her around back to face me.

She smiled up at me and bit down on her bottom lip. "Thank you."

I frowned noticing how her expression changed. "Wait- what's the matter sweetheart?"

Courtney shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I'm just a little nervous. This is our first real date you know?"

I chuckled lightly and nodded. It was our first official date, I hadn't even thought about it that way.

"I get that, but you don't need to be nervous darling. It's just you and I." Bria was still with Elizabeth for the weekend, so I brought in the normal babysitter for Noah.

She nodded and sighed. "You're right, just you and I."

I leaned down meeting her half way as she placed her soft lips on mine. "Mmm I can never get used to that."

"Well you better try." I smiled softly as I brought my hand up rubbing her face. "So you ready to go?"

Courtney nodded and grabbed her clutch from the dresser. "I am, let's go."

I had my driver take us to one of the finest restaurants that I made reservations at. It was actually one of my favorites.

Soon as we pulled up Courtney shook her head. "Really Y/N?"

I frowned at her and grabbed her hand in mine. "What is wrong?"

"Why so expensive babe? You know I would've settled for popcorn and a movie." She added making me laugh.

That is what I enjoy most about her, she's funny and she is not self centered at all. Like I don't mind spending my money on her but Courtney hates it.

I shrugged as we walked inside the building. "You know nothing it too expensive for you baby."

She laughed. "Hmm is all this just a way for you to get into my dress later tonight?"

I reached to open the door letting her walk in ahead of me. "What? No way, unless that was an invitation."

Courtney giggled as she brushed her hand across my face making me smiled and kiss her cheek.

We were immediately escorted to our private seats and as we sat down and gave the waitress our drink order. We started laughing and talking, it was nice to actually have a conversation with her.

Well one that wasn't just about getting her into my bed and underneath my sheets.

Anyway. Things were all good, that was until she paused mid sentence. "-Oh god."

I raised my eyebrow and looked over in the direction she was glancing in.

And oh god indeed.

"Y/N what's up man!" Dalton cheesed as him and the one and only Ariana came walking our way. "Mind if we join you?"

_

ᴜʜ ᴏʜʜʜʜ😯😳

ᴡᴇʟᴘ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴘʟss ɪ'ᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ. 💭

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ/ sᴏ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs 🥀

_