Chapter 5| ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ

Y/N's POV.

Courtney looked at me as I looked from her to this clown standing in front of me.

I didn't understand why the hell he was standing here smiling in my face as if we were the best of friends. Just because we're 'working' together doesn't mean a damn thing to me.

"Sure, why not." She said beating me to it.

My mouth almost dropped open as my head turned to her slowly.

"I-I actually don't think it would be a good idea. I mean they seem to be on a date babe."

Hearing her voice in the first time after so long was like a stab in the gut. To be completely honest, I wasn't sure how to react. My mind was now everywhere and I knew it was beginning to effect me.

It shouldn't have but it was. Her presence still effected me.

My hands began to nervously tap against my leg until I felt Courtney reach under and rub my knee. I looked over at her and she nodded at me. I took a deep breath before nodding back.

"Umm it's fine with me." I finally spoke up still looking at Courtney.

"No. Really w-we shouldn't." She spoke again, and I could feel her eyes on me the entire time.

Courtney grabbed my hand and smiled at them with a tight smile. "No, we insist."

Ariana sighed before looking over at me. I just shrugged and nodded for them to sit.

Dalton didn't waste anytime before grabbing a seat and scooting up to the table. I just stared at him as he clapped his hands together and cheesed looking around the table. He was acting like he just won the damn lottery or somethin'.

Ariana cleared her throat as she stood with her arms crossed at her chest.

"What's up babe?"

"Did you forget something?" She asked with attitude and her sharp eyebrow raised.

This dude really looked over to me for help and I raised my eyebrow and shrugged. Even though I clearly knew she was pissed because he didn't wait for her and pull her chair out letting her sit down. I mean it is common decency. But I guess just not for him.

"Uhh no I don't think so."

I let out a chuckle as I took a drink of my iced tea.

"Here, I got you." I said as I placed my drink back down on the table. I stood up and walked around him to her chair, I pulled the chair back and nodded.

She stared up at me and smiled softly. "Umm t-thank you Y/N."

I just shrugged and waved her off. "No problem."

After pushing her chair in and walking back to my own I sat down being faced with a angry looking Courtney.

I reached for her hand but she quickly pulled it away.

Ok, so now I'm really confused.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I whispered to her as I leaned in so only she could hear me.

She rolled her eyes and shrugged. "I don't know, you tell me."

I went to speak but was cut off.

"So Y/N. Let's talk-I found this bad ass building that I know you're gonna love. You gotta check it out tomorrow."

"Tomorrow's not good. I have several meetings and some personal stuff to handle." I shrugged ending the conversation.

But trust me he didn't stop there.

He hand came across touching my shoulder. "Bro this is huge I'm letting you, we need to take this one."

I looked down at his hand on my arm and back to him. "Well I'll have to see. This is why I said we should handle everything in the office."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Ariana grab his hand. "Uh Dalton, babe. I'm sure Y/N doesn't feel like talking about business right now."

She wasn't wrong. I was currently in the middle of trying to have a date and they just pop up all of a sudden. Now he wants to throw all this work talk I'm my face when we both know it can wait.

He turned to her quickly and shook his head. "Hey, do I tell you how to do your singing shit or run around on stage? No, so don't sit here and tell me how to handle my business. Just sit there and shut up. God damnit, how many times are we gonna have to have this fucking talk." He spoke harshly snatching his hand away from her.

My eyes grew and I glanced over to Courtney who was looking at Ariana. I guess we were just both waiting for her reaction.

Like was she really about to let this no good, jackass speak to her like that?

Ariana stared at him for a moment before nodding and mumbling a quick sorry. She looked down and back up to us at the table throwing a small smile out way. Of course I knew better than to think it was a real one.

She cleared her throat and moved around in her chair. "So, how has everyone been?" I watched her smile as if nothing had fazed her at all. It was so weird. Cause I knew somethin' wasn't right, but it just ain't my place anymore.."

_

ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴡᴇʟʟ...

ᴀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs, ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴏɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴘʟss ɪ'ᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ғᴇᴇʟ. 💭

ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ғᴏʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ/ sᴏ sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀɴʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs 🌵

_