𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 41

~Grace~ 

"Grace, can you take this up to my bathroom please?" Catherine asks me, softly. I nod, taking the blue dress from her. It's oddly familiar.  

"Also, can you tell Ricco I'd like to speak with him now?" She asks me and I once again nod. 

Ricco, Leo and Catherine returned home a hour ago, but she hasn't spoken to him or Angelo since she came home, she's been staying in one of the guest bedrooms, processing the entire situation. Catherine hasn't been kidnapped since Ricco and I were kids, she was held captive by one of the English mafias, which ended in the mafia board calling a truce between both mafias. 

"And Grace?" She stops me as I open the door. 

"Yeah?" I turn around. 

"Whatever it is between you two, just give him time." She says. My slightly tugs but curiosity overtakes my hurt. 

"How did you know?" I ask her and she smiles, just a tiny smile. 

"I've known both of you you're entire life Grace, you knew he went to get me and you knew there wasn't a guarantee he was coming back. Yet you didn't run to him when he walked through those doors. Neither did he run to you." I shift my gaze to the wall. 

"We were both worried about you." I tell her, this time she laughs. 

"When you love someone, no one else matters, as twisted as it sounds, not even your mother and not even your closest family friend." She says, her eyes glistening. 

"Of course, that's when you're really in love with your person," she says, but I somehow know she isn't saying that to me. She wipes the tear away from her eye and I don't bother to say anything, I walk out the room and make my way to her and Angelo's room. As I pass Maya's room I hear the quiet whispers, I hear Marco's quiet whispers, he's been sneaking in! 

"Grace?" Ricco mumbles, a few steps away from me. My finger shoots  up to my lips and I signal him to hush. His eyebrow raises and I point to Maya's room. He gives me a curious look and I push her door open. As I expected, Maya's finger to also on her lips, signally Marco to be quiet. They're seeing each other in secret, because no one of their family members would let them keep that baby. 

"Grace-" 

"It's alright, I came to tell you  don't be scared if you hear Ricco and I talking." I tell her and she frowns, but gives me an appreciative smile. 

"Hey there, Mrs. Russo." Marco wiggles his eyebrows and I narrow my eyes. 

"Talk a little louder won't you?" Ricco says, pushing past me into the room. Both Maya and Marco's eyes widen. 

"Calm your shit Marc, I won't snitch." Ricco smirks at him. Ricco may have missed it, but I see the appreciative look Marco gives him. 

"You however," he points to his sister. 

"You're in trouble young lady." He tells her and she rolls her eyes, walking to me. 

"Thank you." She whispers, hugging me. 

I return the hug. 

"Don't tell me you come from Russia everyday to see my sister." Ricco says, pulling his phone out. 

"No, just every Friday," Marco mumbles, pulling Maya into his arms. 

"Have you found out the gender?" I ask them and they shake their heads. 

"We still need a doctor we can trust, a doctor this one wouldn't kill," Maya says, pointing to Marco. I chuckle.  

"Doctor Ana, she's a trustworthy one and she's really good with pregnancy and stuff like that." I tell Maya, walking to her desk and writing the number down.