𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3

~Ricco~

"Ricco, do you have an escort for the gala tonight?" My father asks me as I down the whiskey in my glass. 

"No." I tell him flatly. 

"Well-" I cut the old asshole off before he can finish his predicted sentence.

"And I don't need one." I glare at him. My father is practically the worst father I've ever met. If his middle name wasn't Angelo it would be 'world's shittiest dad.'  He's a coward, weak, arrogant and fucking patheihc. He's also the reason I had to stay away from Gracelyn for five fucking years. That makes me hate him all the more. 

Five years. Five long, painfully dark years. I can't even explain why either. Which makes her hate me all the more.  

I couldn't call, I couldn't message, fuck I couldn't hear her sweet voice for five years. That shit hurts more than any bullet I've ever gotten.  

My father clears his throat, asking for my attention, which I don't feel like giving him. 

" La prossima settimanca ce la  cermonia  della firma. "  (Next week is the signing ceremony. ) He says, tucking his hands into his pockets. The good old, signing ceremony. Where I sign a stupid paper and become the mafia leader of The Vipers.  Something I've so been looking forward to my whole life. If you didn't catch the sarcasm, you have no sense of humor.  

"Should I note that for you? Or do you have a whore for that?" I ask him and the relaxed expression drops from his face. There is nothing more than watching your asshole of a father drop in the slightest way. 

"Ricco, non in casa!" (Not in the house.) He yells. He's a pussy. Can't even man up to cheating on his wife. 

"O cosa?" (Or what?" I ask him. He drops some papers into a draw and storms out of the office. Yeah, I fucking thought so.  I stand up from my chair and walk out the office as well, walking through the halls of my childhood home. Not going to lie,  I thought I missed this place like hell over the past five years. But it wasn't the place, it was the memories. The memories I made with Grace. 

Gracelyn King. The only girl that I can actually put up with, I guess I can stand Isabel too. But no one compares to the girl that I've spent the past five years thinking off. Night and day.  I've missed her so fucking much. It took everything in my damn soul and body to not take her into my arms, take in her sweet scent which hasn't changed from the last day I hugged her. The day I promised to come back for her. 

The day I lied to her. I didn't come back. I couldn't.  I had to stay away for her sake. She didn't need the Russians trying to kill her. She already hated this Mafia lifestyle, even though she was born into it, she was very much staying away from it and I didn't want to drag her with me as I endured five years of war with the Russian mafia.  So, I stayed away.  Now I pay the greater consequences, seeing that flash of hurt in her eyes every time she reminds me that I left her. 

I push the doors of my room open and sit on the edge of the bed.

Will she ever forgive me?  

                                                                                     ~Grace~ 

Flashback. 

"Gracie!" Ricco's voice travels to my ears and I spin around to face him. He runs up to me and grabs my hand. Gunshots fire through the air and my heart drop.  Stupid freaking mafia. I hate this.