𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 4

GUYS PLS LEAVE COMMENTS BECAUSE I'M BEGINNING TO THINK NO ONE LIKES THE BOOK  :(

                                                                ~Grace~ 

"The leader of the Black Spade Mafia, Nicholas King, and his family."  The announcer announces our name and we walk down the staircase of Laurent Mansion. Below us, stood all the other mafias, from different parts of the world. Execpt one. The Vipers. 

As we walk down the staircase, stepping into the crowd of dangerous killers, the announcer begins announcing the next, and last mafia. 

"And, last but certainly not least. Joining us for the  first time in three years, and for the last time as the leader of his mafia, Angelo  Ricco and the Ricco family." The crowd applause, but I don't. My hands stay still dropped by my side. They walk down the staircase, Catherine, Angelo, Maya, Ricco's sister and the devil himself. 

I take in a deep breath as he makes his way down the staircase, he's wearing a black suite and just like the suite he had on earlier, it fits him so very well. Almost too well. Goddamit, why couldn't he return looking like a stupid ugly ass boy? And not a damn  God! 

His green eyes meet mine and I quickly look away, but I don't miss the way they run down my body, lingering over the slit on my right leg. 

"He is one man." The girl next to me mumbles and I look at her cringing. Yeah and he's my best friend good-fucking bye. 

Nevermind. 

"Neh, he's okay." I mumble and her head snaps back to me. 

"Are you blind?" she asks me and it's only then I notice the British accent. 

"No. But you seem to be." I tell her and she narrows her eyes but her lips break out into a smile. 

"He's not my type, you can have him." She smirks and my eyes widen.

"I don't want him." I tell her and this time her eyes widen.

"Well, then I'd love to see how you look at someone that you do want. Because damn girl you gave him fuck me eyes." She says as if its the most casual thing in the world. 

"I did not." I tell her and she rolls her eyes, grabbing two glasses of champagne from the nearest waiter. 

"Oh, shit. Did you want one?" she asks me and I laugh, shaking my head and declining. 

"Oh come on, it's Friday and I'm sure you're forced to be here. Have a damn drink, it'll take your mind off hottie over there." She pushes the glass into my hand while motioning to Ricco.  

"Yes, I am being forced." I ignore her other remark which makes her smile. 

"So, Black Spades huh?" I nod, pressing my lips into a thin line. 

"English Mafia?" I ask her and she mirrors my actions. 

"Well, when you're not moping over the fact that this is your life,  what are you doing?" She asks me and I smile. 

"I'm an event planner." I tell her and she gasps. 

"I need an event planner for my birthday party next month! Are you down?" she smirks. Something about her personality makes me want to scream yes. 

"Sure! I'll give you my number and-" Before I can continue, Leo spins me around, almost making me drop the glass in my hand. 

"Sorry love, I need to speak to Grace for a minute." Well great job asshat you told her my name.