𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6

~Grace~ 

I pull the box open, looking at everything in it. A black hoodie, grey sweatpants and pair of gloves. All of which belongs to a twenty-year-old Ricco. 

Yes, I kept the sweatshirt that he gave me, well technically I took. I kept it, I kept the sweatpants he had and the gloves must have accidently been forgotten in the box. 

"Gracelyn, breakfast is ready." My mother yells, walking across the hall. I sigh getting up, abandoning the items onto my bed. 

It was the next day. Apparently, Ricco came to our house last night, but I'm as good of an actress as I am an event planner.  I pretended to be asleep, so I'm guessing he left or conversed with my parents.  I walk down the staircase, where my father, brother, and mother were seated at the table. 

"Grace, is there any information you'd want to share with us?" My brother asks me.  I meet his gaze and he watches me as if I killed his dog or something. My eyebrow raises and I let out a questioning no. 

"Really?" He asks, chuckling but there wasn't anything funny about the situation. 

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Enough you two." My father cuts in before he can answer me. Should I be happy dad stopped him or worried? 

"I had a meeting scheduled with the Viagra brothers, but they haven't shown up." My father says, watching his watch. I tense as he mentions the line of brothers that Ricco killed because they were looking at me. 

"Don't bother waiting for them." The devil himself speaks as he strides into my house as if he owns the damn place.  The room instantly drops in temperature and I suddenly feel like I've been robbed of my air. 

"Ah, Ricco." My father happily welcomes his guest. 

"Mamma sent me to get Gia." He says and my brain struggles to comprehend why. 

"After everything, it's understandable Gia would be upset," Ricco says, lowly. But of course, his gaze is fixed on me. I can feel him. I can feel his gaze burn into my skin.  He always had this effect on me. 

"Good morning Gracelyn." He walks behind my chair and I  tense. 

"Morning." I tell him, in a flat tone. 

"Why not a good morning?" he asks, slipping into the chair next to me. 

"Because you're here." I blurt out. 

"Gracelyn." My father warns. 

"It's alright Nicholas, she can speak to whomever she wants, however she wants," Ricco says. I don't miss the hint of amusement in his voice.  I hear my mother's footsteps, I quickly glance her way in case she needs help with breakfast. However, it's not breakfast she may need help with. It may be the three carry-on bags in her hands.  I meet her eyes and my heart drops. Her eyes are glossy with tears and show that she clearly has been crying.  

"M-mom? Where are you going?" I ask her and she sobs, looking at me. 

"Nicholas-I-" she breaks down and my father wraps his arms around her. He's one hell of an asshole but I've never doubted his love for my mother. If it's anyone's love I've doubted, it's hers.  How can she love someone so ruthless and cruel? But then again, that makes me a hypocrite, because the ruthless cruel asshole next to me is guilty of receiving my own love.  

"What's happening?" I ask my father, my mother clearly can not speak. 

"How the fuck can you sit there and pretend you don't know?"My brother swiftly stands up and yells at me.