𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 23

1 Week Later. 

                                                                                                ~Grace~ 

Remember that talk Ricco arranged with my dad? 

It never happened.  

My father claimed he wanted to wait until Gia was mentally stable to have that talk to me, so here I am at Capri Medical Center at ten in the morning awaiting my mother-Gia's discharge from this sad building. 

Capri medical center is the place where I lost my grandmother, to the simple action of pulling a plug and stopping a machine from saving the little life she had in her. The disinfects, the walls, the chatter, it all reminds me of the day I lost the woman I trusted with my life. 

"Are you sure you want to see Gia?" Isabel asks me as she links our arms together. 

"The doctors said she's normal." I mumble. 

"I know, but are you sure?" My best friend asks. 

"Yeah, I am." I tell her, walking with her to the elevator. 

"Okay, let's go discharge a physco lady." Isabel says and I roll my eyes, a small smile making its way to my face. 

"Have you spoke to Ricco?" she asks me and I nod.

"Everyday." I mumble, walking into the elevator. Call me stupid, but I am, terrified! Terrified of hospital elevators! The staircase, the walls, the damn air! Not just because they trigger bad memories of grief and loss, but the germs! 

"Grace touching the elevator wouldn't kill you!" Isabel says and I'm quick to defend myself.

"You don't know that Izzi!" I whisper yell, even though the elevator is empty. Thankfully. 

"God, you're so dramatic!" she rolls her eyes and I glare at her. 

"I got it from you." I tell her. 

"No you didn't. I'm not dramatic." She folds her arms over her chest, which I drop my gaze to, then back to her, signaling her that her present actions aren't supporting her words. 

"Okay maybe you did." she says and I chuckle as she hits the seventh floor. 

"Izzi." 

"Si?" 

"I forgave him." I tell her, staring at the elevator door, which holds my reflection, I'm wearing a black dress that meets my ankles, spaghetti straps hold it around my shoulders and black heels wrap around my feet, making me a bit, just a bit taller than Izzi. I couldn't help but think that I would still be shorter than Ricco, damn him and his Godly body which happens to be of model-worthy height. 

Good cuddle material too.

Shut up Grace he's your friend. 

"That's a good thing Grace, I'm so proud of you." She tells me.

"If only Ricco thought so." I mumble and she drops her phone. Clumsy bitch. 

"Que? He doesn't think that's good? What kind of bipolar shit is Ricco on? Is he fucking mad-" I cut her off by laughing while she glares at me. 

"Grace what's so funny?" she asks me and I can barely contain my laughter, much less speak.  Is it even legal to laugh this much in a hospital? 

"Nothing." I tell her and she looks at me like I'm crazy, maybe I am, but I'll let someone else point out my source of laughter. Not to embarrass her, to show her she needs to be careful if she's really into whatever she's doing. Or perhaps, whoever she is doing.