2 - My Fiancé Doesn't Love Me

DDay - 2

She couldn't find him.

Why did he have to be the one who's right every time? She just couldn't see where it was fair.

At this point Eunji believed it was a curse placed upon her to be corrected by Jeon Jungkook all her life because this man was never proven wrong.

At least within the five years that had already passed.

That's right, Eunji had finally turned twenty-eight a few months back, which meant her friend had already turned the same age almost a year before from now.

Sorry, fiance.

They've been engaged for nearly a year now, for the sake of wedding preparations. Did that mean that they were in love? Not at all.

In fact, Eunji was cursing the day she had agreed to his offer.

"Oh come on, why are you being so grumpy? Isn't this what you wanted?" His low teasing voice spoke from the driver's seat next to her as she sat on the passengers side with her arms crossed and facing away from him while glaring out the window at the scenery that passed.

"No." she deadpanned.

"Gosh, I'm hurt." he was pouting this time, sparing her a glance before looking back at the road ahead of them. "My fiance doesn't love me after all."

Eunji ignored his comment, but was fully aware of the sly grin that was curving along his lips.

He really hadn't changed over the years. He was just as annoying and arrogant. And she was about to marry him within the next 48 hours.

"I would say I told you so, but you already know that."

Oh she did. She still couldn't get over the fact that she couldn't pull anyone within the five years that she had.

It really hit a nerve.

"I mean, if you're this upset about getting married to me, it isn't too late to cancel everything and act like nothing happened." Jungkook interrupted the short silence within the car once more and stole another glance at his soon-to-be-wife, knowing that he was testing her patience. He wanted to see her snap because he found it rather entertaining.

"You've been talking quite a lot today, don't you think?" Eunji had finally responded back. Her daily cup of patience was being overly filled, and spilling over the edges, especially after the tiring family dinner with their moms' bantering, and her being a target for her mother-in-law just as always.

"I find your state quite amusing, that's why."

"Well, it's not funny."

"It is to me."

Instead of responding back, Eunji chose to chew the inside of her cheek while continuing to glare out the window. She knew all too well that he was purposely pressing her buttons in order to test her limits, and she refused to give him the attention he wanted.

"I'm guessing that means that we're still getting married."

"Yes."

The familiar colourful sign of the diner near her apartment caught her eye, indicating that she was barely minutes away from freedom.

Freedom from her fiance and surprisingly loud mouth that day.

"I think this whole wedding stress is getting to you." he commented, not sparing her a glance while allowing the car to slow to an eventual stop. Eunji didn't notice the sincerness behind his words, and rather focused on being able to get out of the car as soon as possible and fall into her comfortable bed.