4 - White Dress and Annoying Groom

DDay

"Oh honey..."

Eunji's eyes diverted from the mirror that she sat across from, her hairdresser moving from one side of her to the other as she added the final finishing touches to the bride's beautifully done low bun.

"You look gorgeous, baby." The voice continued as the elder woman neared her one and only daughter that looked more gorgeous than ever with her makeup and hair now fully finished, and her wedding dress to be put on.

Eunji smiled at her mother's compliment, her heart warming as her mother now stood next to her, gazing at her with a soft gaze and her hands placed on her chest.

"Thanks mom."

With crescented eyes, the bride noticed her father showing up at the door that her mom had walked through only moments ago. She watched him sigh, admiring her with a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"So the day has come, my little baby's getting married."

Eunji's eyes softened as she witnessed the growing tears in her father's eyes, causing a weight to fall onto her.

"No... dad, don't cry."

The bride's pink lips pouted into a frown, it deeping once seeing her mother's tears and reddening eyes. Her heart was constricting now, a lump forming in her throat.

Eunji was now fanning her face while tilting her head up, trying to dry the tears that threatened to escape.

"My makeup... is gonna get ruined." She whined, as her parents chuckled.

"I still haven't recovered from you and Jungkook wanting to get married." Her father added, "It was really unexpected, but as long as you're both happy, honey."

Eunji nodded with a soft smile.

Youngsoo, Jungkook's father, and her father were friends from high school that continued their close relationship over the years. The moment that she and Jungkook announced their wedding, her father was surprised and delighted to become family with his best friend, encouraging their wedding all the more as her mom remained skeptical, especially with Mrs.Jeon now becoming her mother-in-law. Either way she remained supportive of their marriage and didn't object.

After talking with her parents a bit more, Eunji noticed another figure walking in.

"Am I interrupting?"

Shaking her head no, Eunji gave Yuna a warm smile although her tears were still visible.

"You look beautiful sis." Yuna grinned at the bride, receiving a thanks in return. The hairdresser had begun packing her stuff, moments later saying goodbye to the four and congratulating the bride once more.

"How's everything going on Jungkook's end?" Eunji asked, giving her hair and makeup a last look in the mirror before spinning her chair to face her parents and sister-in-law.

Yuna hesitated for a moment before finally replying.

"Everything is okay now. Other than my mom's complaints and a few things here and there, everything else is going smoothly."

"Ah okay."

"Well," Eunji's mother glanced up at the clock, noticing the time of the ceremony coming close. "Let's get you into your dress."

°•°•°•°

Eunji had witnessed many weddings throughout her lifetime. Whether it was one of a family member, one in a movie, or even one in books she read. But never had she ever felt what she was feeling then and there, at the end of the aisle with rows and rows of people and camera's staring right at her.