And He Cried Mercy...*9*

Do you think Mercy would be a good Queen? Do you think you could rule a huge land filled with magical and wild supernaturals? comment your answer.

*****************************************************************

I was currently sitting in the living room listening to my Aunt ramble on and on about my future in the SR and how great it would be if the people elected me into leadership and how awful our leader is right now, not caring for others and their family, only caring for the fame and money.

“Oh my baby’s going to change the world! Our leader will be gone and our world will be fair again. She will be such a great Queen!” she boasted to Jace (he can choose to show himself to anyone) who just sat their nodding in agreement and giving an occasional ‘yes she will’ or a ‘that’s so true’.

I don’t see how they could ever see me as a Queen, let alone royalty. I mean seriously look at me! I’m in a ratty old t-shirt and old blue jeans with my hair up in a messy bun that was lazily plopped on top of my head. The red streaks in my hair made my bun look like a cinnamon roll with red icing.

 I knew one thing and that was that I could never ever be a Queen.

I was snapped out of my thoughts to a hand waving in front of my face. I looked over and saw the hand belonged to Jace.

“Hmm?” I mumbled.

“You spaced out for like an hour. I left you here to think but your Aunt went out to get some potions and spell scrolls, shell be gone for the rest of the week, it’s a long trip to the SR and back. When she gets back I’m going to help her hide you with her potions.” He informed me. I thought this over and realized it would take her at least till Monday, maybe even another week if she couldn’t get a portal open in time.

“Ok.” I said at last.

“So what do you want to do now?” I asked him.

“Well I was thinking we could start our plan on confronting Kyle today. We need to get it started so I can help you hide afterwards.” He told me.

“Ok sounds like a plan.”

After a hour of discussing our options and the most believable explanation that wouldn’t send him into freak-out-on-mercy-and-call-the-cops-because-she-belongs-in-a-nut-house mode we gathered together an A, B, and C plan, just in case plan A fails to make him believe us.

“Ok I’m ready, let’s do this!” I exclaimed and headed out to my garage to grab my skateboard and rode over to Kyle’s house for ban practice, which was conveniently scheduled today.

I walked up Kyle's front steps and rang the doorbell and immediately the door opened to reveal Alex’s face.

“Hi, the guys are downstairs I was just getting us some snacks before we have our meeting.” He told me.

“Ok then I’ll just go downstairs.” I said and headed down the stairs into the basement.

As soon as I got into the hall Jace revealed himself to me and continued to walk down the hall. As we neared the door I heard voices arguing. I knocked and opened the door to see Kyle and Matt’s chests brushed against each other and they were ‘all up in each other’s faces’. If looks could kill they’d both be dead right now with all the daggers they were throwing at each other with their eyes.

“Umm Alex said we were having a meeting…” I said nervously.

At the sound of my voice the boys stepped back and turned their gazes towards me.

Kyle cleared his throat and answered my unspoken question.

 “Uh were all right just a misunderstanding, right Matt.” Kyle stated.