And He Cried Mercy... *8*

I woke up with a jump when I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and a flash of bright white light flooded my vision and I quickly closed them again. Seeing purple dots lining my vision I yelled out “GO AWAY! AND ON YOUR WAY OUT CLOSE THE BLINDS!”

I heard the scraping of metal against metal, indicating someone was closing the blinds. I uncovered my eyes and looked around the room for the person who rudely woke me up. My eyes found Jace chuckling in the corner and I threw a pillow at him. The pillow flew through the air and went straight through him and made a thump noise on its contact with the wall.

“Did you seriously have to wake me up at,” I paused to look at the clock, “8:00 in the morning?!?!?!” I practically screamed at him.

“I wanted to talk to you before you had band practice and before I had to leave.”

“Oh, well talk then.” I demanded, still angry from the rude awakening.

“Well I was popping in and out of the different dimensions in the SR and I ran into Nick and he was all freaked out. He said ‘They’re going to get her, they’re going to get her and she will be tested and tortured.’ And I assumed ‘her’ was you, I tried talking to Nick but all he said other than ‘they’re going to get you’ was to hide you from the Elders.” He rushed his words as if he they hung in the air too long something bad would surely happen.

“Who are the Elders?” I ask, trying to process every detail.

“The elders are the most powerful, oldest, and wisest people in the SR and the present realm combined. They live on blood and pain, they suck good thoughts and memories from your soul if you look into their eyes and won’t leave until they did what they came to do, even if it means killing everyone in their way in the process. And my guess is that they want you, Mercy, because you’re supposed to be the strongest necromancer and have a little of witch blood in you.” He told me.

“I don’t understand, I’m the only necromancer in my family, and everyone else was human, I checked!” I exclaimed.

“Your Aunt Nattalie is a witch Mercy…” Jace told me slowly.

“NO SHES NOT! YOU’RE LIEING! SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME! And how do you know all of this?!? Huh?!? I just met you, what are you some kind of stalker?!?” I yelled in his face, angry that he would say such a terrible lie, and immediately regretting it seeing the hurt flash across Jace’s face. He recomposed himself quickly into a blank expression.

“Once I first saw you talking to Kyle in the park I looked you up in the SR data base, I wanted to make sure I could trust you before I asked you to help me.” He stated deadpan.

“Well whatever, still I don’t think my aunt is a witch, I mean wouldn’t I have noticed by now? I do live with her.” I told him and he shrugged. “So what am I supposed to do about the Elders?” I ask.

“You hide.”