【Chapter 29】

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Hours passed with (Y/n) retelling the tale of her resurrection and the journey's that she had experienced throughout the course of almost a year. From how she found herself being tutored by the man that caused her peril and how she became the next Demon Queen. Everything that she knew was told to him without a single second thought or pause. The adventures she told in those hours flowed out of her mouth like a river, and to her, it felt like a heavyweight has been hoisted off from her shoulders of which she had no clue was there.

Kaveh nodded along with an occasional 'I see' and a sip of his warm milk, his bushy eyebrows furrowing in concentration in times where (Y/n) would speak of a stimulating situation that transpired. To him, this all sounded to be the most fascinating thing on the planet—from which it truly was. Whilst he listened and (Y/n) retold, the others laid boredly on the ground, either regarding the discussion with interest or drifting away into a deep slumber.

As her story came to a close (Y/n) slapped her hands once, a heavy sigh coming out of her mouth as she softened back on her chair, a deep discomfort rampaging in her mind.

"And that is all I can remember, Kaveh. From what I told you, I think you have a solid awareness of our predicament and why we aspire to use your machinery at such late notice." Concluding her hypothesis (Y/n) glared earnestly at her old friend, seeking to spot any actions that would give away his thinking—but nothing came to notice as he stayed still as a statue, his eyes wandering around the room as he seemed to be in deep thought.

After minutes of nothing but silence, Kaveh finally spoke:

"What you have done for me all those 3,000 years ago is still chiseled in my heart and soul, and for that, I am eternally indebted, but I'm afraid I can't accept your requirements." Upon receiving his resolution, the other two—who were still laying obediently on the carpet—shook away from their stupor and stared wide-eyed at the old man, hesitant if what he had said was genuine.

Humming in consideration, (Y/n) remained still. "I see... not even if I begged you for this monumental favor in terms of the debt that you still owe me would you give me yours and your disciples' life work. I can respect that. I truly do, but it doesn't alter my proposition. My dear friend. I have endured hell on both death and living terms for thousands of years. I have been betrayed more times than I can count and have been lied to more times than I ever breathed in this dying world. Yet the betrayal of a dear and old friend will always be something that no heart can ever grow accustomed to." Pulling up from her seat (Y/n) groaned in anguish, her eyes blazing a deep (f/c) as they glared upon the old man's amiable figure.