【Chapter 16】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

*𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚝*

Outside in the life-filled garden were three figures, two sitting and one standing. Sipping her tea (Y/N) glanced over at Estarossa and saw him surveying the area to make sure there were no threats. Smiling slightly (Y/N) turned her attention back to her biscuit only to find Arthur kneeling on both knees with an expectant look.

Chuckling, (Y/N) put her hand on top of his head and began to play with his hair, messing it up as much as possible. Arthur gave a content sigh in reply to her touch as he leaned further, though his euphoria was disturbed by a soldier running towards them with an urgent letter in his head.

All three of them looked up towards the approaching soldier as he kneeled in front of them and bowed his head, stretching the letter towards them. 

"My king, my lady, a letter has arrived from the general." The soldier announced, his head still bowed down towards the ground. Both Arthur and (Y/N) got up from their sitting position and walked over towards the soldier as (Y/N) took the letter onto her hands and opened it, and sure enough, it had the generals name

Reading through it (Y/N) could feel herself frowning, though ignored her appearance and dismissed the soldier as he quickly got up and walked away, though not before bowing and saying his goodbyes.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Arthur asked his lover, worry clear in his tone. (Y/N) glanced over towards Arthur and looked back towards the scroll. Ignoring his question, (Y/N) walked towards Estarossa as she whispered something to him. Nodding, Estarossa bowed and left quickly back towards the castle. 

Finally deciding to face Arthur, (Y/N) turned towards him and smiled gently, though her eyes had a bit of anger in them. "Nothing much, just have some pests to exterminate. Nothing more." (Y/N) replied dismissively, shrugging and grabbing her teacup gently.

Arthur frowned and walked towards his lover and hugged her by the back. Kissing her on the neck Arthur placed his head on her shoulder as he played with her hair, his face serene. 

"Come on, (Y/N)! You can tell me anything, I promised to help you as much as I could, right? Well, let me help you!" Arthur pleaded as he came closer towards her and looked at (Y/N) straight in the eyes.