【Chapter 24】

❝ 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Slipping on her shoes, (Y/N) stood up and looked towards her sword. Grabbing her black sheath, she wrapped the sword's belt around her waist and picked up her sword, entering it inside of its sheath. Walking over towards her mirror full-length mirror (Y/N) looked at herself. Bringing her hand up towards the scar near her neck (Y/N) sighed as she remembered the event that caused it. 

"Former Demon King... I will avenge you, and everything that you gave your life to protect." (Y/N) stated firmly, pure determination burning in her eyes. "I won't lie to say that I am a bit scared..." Biting her lower lip, (Y/N) looked down at her hands. 

"... but that doesn't mean that I'll back down without a fight!" (Y/n) yelled in determination and lifted her head high again. "As the Demon Queen, I, (Y/N) (L/N), will reclaim my people!" (Y/N) swore to herself and nodded her head in approval.

Hearing the door open, (Y/N) turned around to see Estarossa near the door accompanied by Onasan who was leaning against the doors frame, a scowl on his face as his arms were crossed. "My queen, I'm sorry for coming here unannounced but... please, reconsider this-"

Lifting her hand to stop Estarossa from speaking any further, (Y/N) went back to looking at herself in the mirror. "You're needed with the army, Estarossa. Right now the army's survival should be your biggest concern." (Y/N) said, pushing away a lock of hair that got near her eyes. 

"I know that, but your highness-!" Looking back over at Estarossa, (Y/N) glared at him which quickly shut him up. "Don't question my orders, Estarossa." (Y/N) scolded him making Onasan chuckle. "My, my, you're really into this whole queen thing, aren't you, (Y/N)?" Onasan questioned her making (Y/N) sigh in annoyance. 

"Onasan, shut up and go back to do your duty." (Y/N) ordered him making Onasan quickly shut up as her aura began to slowly suffocate him. "Y-Yes, your highness." Onasan responded as he bowed, walking away from the room and closed the door leaving only Estarossa and (Y/N) in the room. 

Putting on the last piece of armor, (Y/N) turned back around to face Estarossa as she sent him a small smirk. "Don't worry about me, Esty, I'll be back before you know it, just trust me on this." (Y/N) smiled at him, walking over to his side as she placed her right hand on his shoulder. "Besides, you've taught me a lot of things about this world so I know I'll be fine, I did have the best teacher, after all." (Y/N) chuckled as she patted his shoulder once more, letting go of it and walked over towards the door.