【Chapter 17】

ஜ۞ஜ

ஜ۞ஜ

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

*𝙱𝚘𝚊𝚛 𝙷𝚊𝚝*

The sun was high and bright in the sky, the sound of birds chirping can no longer be heard. Clouds covered the sky in a sad and damp matter as the smell of rain covered everyone's scents. 

The sins were now preparing everything they needed for the journey to Camelot. Although they knew that it was going to be difficult they couldn't give up, not when someone they care about is in some possible danger.

Meliodas chugged another glass of beer as he saw both Ban and King drunk, silly expressions decorating their faces. The other four were just eating the remainder of the meat that was left alone by the three males with distant expressions, their eyes clouded.

Glancing over at the window Meliodas saw the sky darken more, however, a figure could be seen in the distance approaching them. Getting up from his seat he sat down his glass bottle and went over towards the door and opened it. Stepping out he could feel the lukewarm temperature hit his face at once with wind mixing and dancing together with his hair making him sweep it back away from his emerald orbs.

The walking figure quickened its pace as a bright and happy smile appeared on her gentle features. It was Elizabeth. 

"Meliodas! Meliodas!" Elizabeth cried out, waving her hand in the air as her hair became a mess. Sighing, Meliodas stayed where he was as he felt Elizabeth engulf him in a tight hug, no longer feeling anything.

"Oh, Meliodas! You don't know how worried I was! When you came to Liones and didn't visit me I thought something bad happened." Elizabeth sighed as she went and brought him closer to her chest. Instead of taking the invitation as she thought, instead Meliodas pulled away from the hug and began to walk towards the little forest near them.

Confused, Elizabeth still followed him close behind, but no matter when she tried to start up a conversation Meliodas just ignored it. Deciding that maybe he was going to show her a surprise Elizabeth immediately shut up and began to fix her clothing, loosening things here and there.

Once Meliodas stopped walking Elizabeth stopped as well and smiled down at him, her cheeks becoming a bright red. "M-Meliodas, if you wanted to do this you could have at least told me." Elizabeth shyly said. Silence engulfed the two, though the silence was broken when the sound of thunder in the distance caught their ears.