15.

I ended up in the principal's office. Hitting a kid is no joke... and hitting Evan is literally profanity. This boy's dad has some money and influence so I kind of screwed up...

Mr Sean, the principal, is a fat man, I say it with indulgence. His huge belly barely fit into his green and orange striped shirt and his thick goiter flowed from under his chin. Some people call him the pigcipal but, even though I found this nickname really funny, I think Mr Sean is actually a good person, but he just has the wrong job.

"I wouldn't normally let you come to school anymore, young lady, at least for a few weeks" he said. "But I know you aren't like this. You are a good girl!"

"Yes, Mr Sean"

"And I think you are really smart too"

"Yes, Mr Sean"

"Alright, I see you agree. Then why would you do that?"

Silence.

"If you have problems home, you can tell us and you'll get proper help"

Oh, Jesus, why they don't even think there could be anything wrong with Evan?

"No, it's okay. I was just tired"

After another 5 minutes of boring questions, the principal finally let me go, with a punishment that I considered exaggerated: two weeks detention. And Evan escaped easily. Yuh, no comment.

On the hallway, I bumped into my class master, Mrs Green.

"Oh, Jennifer, I'm so glad I found you! I wanted to talk to you after I found out about... you know"

"Please, don't make me talk over again. I already did that in the principal's office and all I have now is two weeks detention" I complained.

"Jennifer, I understand you, but why did you hit that boy?"

Then she lowered her voice:
"I know Evan isn't an angel at all, so if he did someone to you please tell me. I won't be silent only because he has money"

I smiled.

"Thank you, Mrs Green, but that won't be necessary. He won't get close to me in the next 5 years"

"I bet he won't" my class master laughed. "I heard you hit him pretty hard! Anyway, if he tried to manipulate you or make you do something, you still have to tell me"

Manipulation?
Think how you could have ruined everything, if that Jennifer friend of yours wouldn't have helped you with it and said you were drunk.
Rebecca's voice echoed in my head.

Suddenly I had an idea.

"Mrs Green, you finished Psychology, right?"

"Yes, I did. But what does that have to do with Evan?"

"Do you know how a person can be manipulated in a easy way?"

Yes, I know, it sounded way better in my head. But I have to find out what's happening with my friend and for that I need some help.

"Emm... Jennifer... are you sure it's appropriate to..."

"Miss, it's really important! I know it's sounds wrong but it isn't! I have a project for my... art class to make a..."

Mrs Green stopped me before I'd say more stupid stuff.
"It's alright, you don't need excuses. I am going to tell you what I know, even though this situation is a little bit suspicious. But you are a great girl and for whatever you would need this information I know it's a good reason"

I breathed relieved. Maybe I had a chance finding the truth.

"So, first of all, to manipulate a person you need to know things about them, but I think you already know this..."

"Things like... secrets? Dark secrets?"

Mrs Green laughed.
"Yes, you can say that. Also, you can make them believe you want what's the best for them"

Parents be like. (for real though)

"And the easiest way you can manipulate someone is to know their soft spot. This is the most forgotten one and most important. Because, you know, we all have soft spots"

Suddenly the doorbell rang, scaring me badly.

"See you tomorrow, Jennifer! Go to your class!"
My class master smiled a little and then she walked away.

I have the feeling I found an end of this tangled story. Step by step, I'll know everything.

I pretty sure that what I'm doing isn't ok. I should mind my own business. But what happened with Aidan is making me so curios, that not even Rebecca could stop me. Or that motherfucker Ben. Or Evan (now I'm sorry I didn't kill him). Or...

Rephrasing: I'll give my fucking best.

And in that moment I decided to find out the truth with all costs. And believe me, it did cost a lot.