10.

Léa came over with her dress, the hair straighter, the pallette and her heels. We started to get ready.

Trying to put on my dress, I observed how my fingers were shaking of excitement.

After we dressed, we make-uped and we did our hair. At the end, we looked into the mirror.

There were no 18 yo Léa Larkins and Jennifer Parker anymore... in front of us were laying the reflections of two hot, confident women. The shock also came from the fact that all the make-up I ever wear were some mascara, eyeshadow and lipbalm and I used to dress only with oversized shirts so I never actually knew how attractive I could look. The same for Léa, who was more than surprised.

With the black short dress and the high-heels that made me even taller than I already was, with the smokey dark make-up and the wavy honey blonde hair, I had the same vibe with that one badass girl who always shows up in a Netflix series (Cheryl from Riverdale, or Lydia from Teen Wolf)... My lipgloss was clear, but it still popped out my full lips, making them look soft and glossy.

Léa had a scarlett, short and silky dress who matched her golden jewellery and her shimmery heels. Her make-up was made with golden glitter and with a smooth, long eyeliner that made her hazel eyes glow. Her black, curly hair was caught in a lousy bun. She looked like an oriental sexy princess. (Which idk why but made me remember the Halloween costumes from The Spongebob album. Léa and I had a BIG glow up since then)

"Do you still think it's impossible?" I asked her smiling.

"Fuck, Jen, you look so gorgeous when you smile. Try that more at the party, ok?"

She was actually right. With the make-up and my dimples, my smile was a killing shot.

To be honest I've never felt more confident in my whole life.

"Let's go!" Léa urged me.

"You know we have to be a little late, right? Everyone has to be already there, so they can see us"

***

We arrived one hour after the party started. Of course everyone was already there. How did we knew? The whole street was buckled with cars and bikes and motorcycles. I think if the neighbours will come a little bit later, all they could do would be to course Rebecca and park on the other street.

Rebecca's house was HUGE. A castle, literally. Or more like a hotel. But still, it had at least 2 floors and a really big yard. Let's not talk about the immense balcony which would fit my whole house.

Me and Léa got out of her dad's car.

"Remember to be home by 24:00. That's what your moms told me" he said.

I'm pretty sure we won't, but a fight with my parents won't matter at all if my revenge plan will succeed.

"Yes, dad, we will try" said Léa. I think she knows too this night won't end up so soon.

After her father drove away we looked at each other. Do you know that sensation you have when you have to do something really risky but in the same time fun? But now it feels more like bats in the stomach than butterflies.

"Are you ready?" Léa asked me.

"More than ever" I smile and I grabbed her hand.

We entered in the big yard. That place was literally full of people. I think more than half of school was here, which make me have mixed emotions. Fear. Excitement.

Mostly of them were drinking shots, laughing and kissing, others just playing stupid games, but all looked a little fussy.

While walking like two models, we turned a lot of heads. Eyes full of admiration, whispers from everywhere.