PART ONE.1

The front door slammed as Léa and Mike arrived to my house.
I caught my honey blonde hair in a messy bun and I waited for them in my room.

"Hey!" Mike shouted. "Jen!"

"I'm here, guys, you don't need to be so loud!" I grumbled.

My friends entered in my bedroom and we hugged a lot even though we saw each other just 2 hours ago.

"I can't wait for Aidan to come back! He texted me that he'll arrive any moment now." said Léa. "That's why we came, to wait him together"

This summer we barely have seen Aidan because he went to a really long basketball camp. Weird, cause he hates basketball.

It wasn't so much fun without him. We missed his dark sense of humor and his careless and calm attitude.

He should come back today and we are really excited to see him.
And we're also excited because... we will start Senior year tomorrow! I still feel like a little child though.

"I can't believe" said Léa "How time passed so quickly. As if yesterday we were nervous for being freshman and meeting our new classmates"

"I'm worried about me turning 18" sighed Mike. "It will be so weird being an adult"

"Well, I can't wait for my 18 party! I will organise myself everything... I already thought about how my cake would look like. Raspberry and white chocolate" I said. "Golden confetti and helium balloons. I love helium balloons!"

Yup, I'm still behaving like a 9yo child.

"It's almost a year until your birthday, Jen" laughed Mike. "You overthink everything. Plus, an 18 birthday shouldn't be so childish"

"It doesn't matter, cause you'll be the only guests. You know I don't really have other friends"

Antisocial? Nahh, I'd say I am more of a lost piece of puzzle that doesn't really fit in this world. If my friends wouldn't be with me, I'd go nuts because of my loneliness.

Suddenly Léa exclaimed:

"Look! That's Aidan's dad's car! He's back!"

We ran downstairs quickly and we got to Aidan's house. (He's my neighbor; we practically live in the same yard and I know his house like I know my own).

I saw him got out of the car. But our enthusiasm faded when we noticed that he looked really pissed off.

"You never agree with me and never let me do what I freaking want!" Aidan screamed furiously. He was probably speaking to one of his parents.

"I'm your father! I'm the one you should listen to!" the voice was coming from inside the car.

"Boolshit, dad! I..."

Aidan intrerrupted when he saw us.

"Oh, hi" he muttered.

There was no need to be embarrassed. We saw them fighting all the time. Like all the time.
Not to mention when he's arguing with his mom. He's a real problem for his family.

But this time it seemed a little different, like more serious. Aidan looked nervous.

But then the awkward moment of silence passed and we throw ourselves into his arms.

He was a little bit changed. Taller, more tanned and his dark brown hair had grown a lot, more ruffled than usually.

"Finally, you're back!" I said and I hugged him tighter.

"How was the camp?" Léa asked."You had fun?"

"I'll tell you guys later" he said. "Now I have to convince my dad to let me buy drinks to celebrate the beginning of our Senior year."

"I don't think he's going to agree with this..." Mike said. "Remember when I bought that strawberry flavoured champagne for kids; he literally went crazy."

"Yeah, we don't have any chance. He doesn't understand we are almost 18, damn it!" said Aidan.

"To be honest, I don't wanna drink" marbled Léa. "Tea is better"

"Oh, trust me, you don't know what you're missing" laughed Aidan.

"Don't tell me you got drunk in the camp. I thought you were a good boy who follows the rules and behaves properly" I teased him.

Suddenly we heard Aidan's mom's voice.

"Honey, come in and unpack your bags! And I have to talk to you, now!"

"Well, I gotta go! See you around!"

I watched him entering his house.

Léa said: "It's just me or Aidan had changed?"He looks more... mature."

"Aidan mature?..." I chuckled. "These two words can't match each other."

Mike said:
"Let's go to my house and watch Avengers. I'll call Aidan later, maybe he will come too... if his dad doesn't send him for alcohol detox"
We all smiled trying to figure how this would be.

***

Later that night I lied in my bed thinking about tomorrow.

I was really happy but also a little bit nervous. I didn't even knew why. Something told me this year will change a lot of things.

Come on, silly it's just the Senior year. You'll be 18 yo and maybe you'll go to more parties. Nothing to worry about. Nothing different.

Yes, isn't such a big deal.
I will stay with my friends like always and we'll have fun together doing stupid and crazy stuff.
Nothing to worry about. Except Aidan. He does look changed. Not mature, but changed.

I pulled the blanket over my head and I started to think about what I want to dream.