6.

The next day, we went to the school canteen together.

"I hope they don't have that disgusting macaroni again" I muttered.

"Yes, it smelled like my shoe" Aidan said horrified.

"Definitely. Nothing stinks like your shoes" added Léa.

Our hopes for a decent meal faded when we saw vegetables with a weird white sauce that looked really suspicious.

"I bet now you prefer the macaroni instead" sighed Mike.

"I'm gonna taste a bit. Maybe is not that bad." Léa said bravely. She always was the least fussy of us.

"I don't think that's a good idea, girl" I said watching how gelatinous were the vegetables looking.

"I totally agree" said Aidan. "Why can't they give us something edible??? It's not like we are not trying really hard to get good grades"

"You the most" smiled Mike sarcastically.

We were almost seated down at the table, when we heard a loud voice:

"Hey, Aidan Rowan! Come sit with us!"

It was Rebecca. She was sitting at the popular kids table, with Evan (the hottest boy in the school; literally all girls are crazy about him, except for me cause I found him really unattractive and annoying), Alessa, the girl we always used to gossip about because she has more butt than brain, Ben, the rich boy with a rich daddy who only thinks about sex (and I find him a little bit misogynistic) and other fancy teens that looked like they wouldn't give a shit about us.

"What the f*ck?" I whispered. "What are they doing, inviting him so random at their table?"

Aidan looked at them and said unsure:
"I don't know... Are you ok with that?"

"Yes, silly, come on here, we saved this sit for you" said Alessa and all I could think was how nice would feel to stab my nails in her throat.

Aidan threw us a happy look and then he went there.
We were kinda shocked.

"He actually went to... them?!" I said.

"Unbelievable! He used to gossip about them all the time and now..." Mike said.

"I think he is influenced by that girl, Rebecca" whispered Léa.

"But Rebecca seemed nice. I said surprised. She stayed with Amy, talked with me about Stranger Things and she let Chloe copy her English homework. I can't believe she would want to steal Aidan"

Mike thought about it a little and then he said:
"I think Rebecca doesn't see it like a "steal". She doesn't know that we are such close friends and maybe she just wants to be a normal friend to Aidan."

"Or maybe she's interested in him in another way" I smiled knowingly.

"I hope you are right" sighed Léa. "Or if Rebecca does something to Aidan that girl is really a bitch"

I know it sounds like we were putting too much worries in it, but we almost never been split up, so it just felt weird. We felt alone and really worried that something would hurt our best friend.
Anyway, I was sure that Aidan will stay with us tomorrow like usually. It's just for a day, right?

"At least he has to stay with Evan" Léa said with a dreamy voice. "He's so hot"

"Eww" I answered. Then, when I saw Léa's deadly look, I added: "I was actually talking about your sauce vegetables. I prefer dying of hunger than intoxicated with this crap"