14.

I woke up feeling so bad: my head was spinning and the strong sunlight hurt my tired eyes, making me wish to stay in my bed.

But then I remembered the other night and all my good disposition (if I even had some) went away. It would have been so much better if I didn't go to that party. A lot of things wouldn't have happened.

But also, I wouldn't have discovered much.

Then I remembered what Aidan did... the almost-kiss thing (that literally drove me crazy) and what he said after: Telling you is what I want the most. What was he talking about?

Oh, crap, and I have school today too. Two maths classes. Nooo.

I didn't felt like getting up at all so I decided to stay today at home. It doesn't matter anyway cause there will probably be a lot of other absents today. For example, Neil. He was so wasted yesterday I don't think he'll even be able to wake up.

I had almost fall asleep again, when I heard a car parking near Aidan's house. It wasn't Aidan's dad's car, I would have recognised it easily.

I remembered the odd conversation between him and Rebecca the other night, so I woke up and went to the window.

I saw Aidan getting out of his house, Rebecca holding his hand; she looked really tired, even with all the glittery make-up she had on. The car I heard was Ben's fancy BMW. Wait, what? Ben? Ben never showed up to take Aidan in his car until now. My friend used to walk with Rebecca to school on feet. Ben would never let someone in his expensive car.

Suddenly, Rebecca highed her head, looking me right in my eyes. Her tired expression changed instantly, being replaced with a resting bitch face and she got closer to Adian telling him something with a low voice. After that, they got into Ben's car who was probably waiting for them.

All right, I have to say it gets weirder and weirder. Or I am the one who's nuts?

"Jennifer! Why aren't you ready?"

My mom's voice scared me badly.

"Emmm... mom, I don't want to go to school today... I'm not in the mood for..."

"Shut up. I let you go to that party only because I thought you were responsible enough to come until the midnight and not drink. You came at 2 AM and now you don't want to go to school? Get dressed, now!"

"But at least I didn't drink!" I defenced myself. "Please, mom, it's not only about school, it's about some people I really don't want to see today"

"Sweetie, in life we don't do only what we are in the mood for. And sooner or later, you'll still have to met those people. And maybe they aren't the guilty ones. You'll see everything clearly if you won't look only in one direction"

"God, you and your lectures are impossible!" I grumbled, opening my closet.

***

"We waited for you 15 minutes!" said Mike annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to set my alarm" I lied.

"I admit, I was very tired too in the morning. Let's not talk about Léa who got wasted yesterday and now she's having this terrible headache"

Yes, Léa didn't look well. Dark circles and messy hair. But I didn't looked any better, so yeah, what can I say.

On the way to school, Léa put her head on my shoulder and whispered:

"I can't believe it... I had a crush on Evan since the first time I met him and now he finally noticed me! He said we we'll have a real date these days. With flowers, ice-cream and cute forehead kisses"

"Omg, that's so great" I answered smiling.
I haven't seen Léa so happy since I don't know when, so let her be. Even though, deep down, I knew Evan wasn't that kind of boy. But I should stop judging people randomly. If someone would judge me from the first sight, I'd probably apare in their head like a talkative annoying fangirl with lots of obsessions like Stranger Things or food. Now that I think I am actually like that. Jesus Christ.

When we arrived in school, the atmosphere was changed... Boys were starring at us, including the hot ones that I used to stalk with Léa and say how pretty they were when we were freshmen. Girls were giving us some baddas glares and I felt so embarrassed.

I just wanted to go home. For ever.

"Hey" said a ginger tall guy smirking. "I'm Jerry"

Oh, hey there, I'm Tom. (Tom & Jerry was my favourite cartoon after Spongebob. Imagining that boy as a mouse almost made me smile).

"You are the blonde hottie from the party yesterday, aren't you?" asked another one, with lots of freckles.

Fuck off.

The rest of the day, Léa drove me crazy about Evan, telling me how perfect and handsome he is and I had to watch her the entire launch break starring at him. Meanwhile, Mike and Hwan were staying at their table, talking excitedly about their new science nerdy project blah blah blah.

My going the fuck home feeling grew each hour. At the end of the school day, I was perfectly capable to scream out of frustration.

I went to my locker to put some notebooks in it, while Léa was at the bathroom, hoping that no other Jerry will show up.

"Hey, Jane"

The deep well-known voice came from behind me. I turned around to see Evan smirking at me.

What the fuck?

"My name is Jennifer..."

This should not bother me anymore. Jane or Jennifer, it doesn't matter as long as they leave me alone.

"Oh, yeah, Jennifer... Can I call you Jenny?"

"No" I answered. "It's horrible"

He laughed a little, probably thinking I was teasing him.

No, I was legit serious, Evan. It is horrible. You are horrible.

He continued:
"Anyway, I was wondering if you would wanna come by my house sometime... You know, grab a drink. And after..."

I was shocked.

"What are you talking about? You are supposed to invite Léa, not me!"

"Well, I think blondies fuck better" he answered laughing again.

No, you did not just say that.

I felt all the confusion and anger from the past few months covering me like yesterday when I was with Aidan. But this time was worse. It was about my best friend. You mess with her, you mess with me.

Before he could say anything else, I hit him how hard I could right between his legs with my chemistry book, who had cardboard cover.

He fall on the school hallway, screaming in pain.

"Oh, crap, are you okay, Ev...?" Victoria said running to him.

I blocked her way.

"He's fine" I said, and them I hit him again in his belly with my leg.

Half of the school was already there, starring at us.

Well, let them stare.