7.

Like I said, this was the beginning of our split. After a week, we realised it wasn't "just for a day". Aidan started to stay with his popular new friends every single meal and then he started going with them to school and then talking with us less.

So less that we almost didn't speak at all with him on Friday, except for greeting in the morning.

"Hey, Jen! How are you?"
"Well, I'm ok. How about you?"
"Fine."
The conversation was insipid and I could feel our connection slowly drifting away.
Thanks God Léa came and saved me from an embarrassing silence moment.
"Oh, Léa? How is the princess doing?" asked Aidan smiling.
"I'm ok... wait, do you have a new T-shirt?"
"Yes, it's from Levis" he said proudly.
I exchanged glances with Léa. Aidan has always hated wearing designer clothes. He considered them too fancy and beggars for attention.

Then Mike showed up and we went to classes.
"Guys, I think we lost him" I said, after Aidan moved away enough.

"Come on, Jen, he will see that we are better and he'll return" said Léa.

"We don't know that" sighed Mike. He looked really tired and sad. Actually we were all like that. It wasn't the same without him. For a moment I thought it was all my fault; after all, I was the one that suggested to make new friends. But I dismissed this thought because Aidan made his own choice, right?

Suddenly a tall, asian and really pretty girl who wore glasses came from nowhere and said:

"Hey, Mike!

Me and Léa probably looked stupidity surprised.

"Oh, hi, Hwan!" said Mike smiling. "Did you bring the project?"

"Of course, you know Miss Thomas would kill us if we wouldn't have the project"

"I can see her do that" laughed Mike.

"All right, see you in class then! Bye!"

The girl walked past us with her dark long hair shimmering.

"You... her... what?" I whispered.

Mike rolled his eyes:
"Oh, it's not what you think. We met at the bio class and she was very nice to me so we decided to do our homework together. It was just a project about chromosomes. Hwan is passionate with sciences and maths so we had a lot to talk about"

"First of all, I don't understand people like you who likes maths and science" I grumbled. "I think you're at the next level of knowledge"

Léa smiled and said:
"Me neither. I personally prefer writing poems or just listen Taylor Swift. Why write about chromosomes when you can write about stars?"

"Exactly" I agreed. "Or write fantasy stories!" Anyway, why didn't you tell us about her?

"There is nothing about her I can tell you" sighed Mike.

Léa ignored him.
"That girl is so cute. I think she likes you"

"Are you dumb? I bet a girl like her has a boyfriend already"

"And what's so wrong with that? The football gate has a porter and you can still score"

Mike looked at me annoyed but I could observe a amused spark in his eyes.

***

At the canteen we ate some disgusting mushrooms with cheese (that tasted like it was crunched by a rat before) and I tried not to look at Aidan who was staying near Rebecca and seemed really happy. Laughing, making eye contact with her...

"Look over there!" Léa said suddenly. "That girl who greeted Mike is standing alone. Hye or Hwan or something like that. She seems sooo alooneee"

"Yes, Mike, why don't you go stay with her? It's your chance to talk to such a hottie" I urged him.

"Wtf, girls, leave me alone! I've known her for barely one week and you are already planning the wedding?!" grunted Mike.

"Yep" we answered really chill.
Practically we had always teased each other about these kind of things and now I'm happy to see him suffering a little. Hehe.

After 2 minutes of arguing and some engagement ring options, Mike sighed:
"I mean I'd go, but I can't leave you two alone"

"Come on, cut the boolshit and go there, loser" I said smiling. "We'll be just fine on our own"

He finally went to her and then they started talking. They looked so perfect together. Suddenly Hwan laughed and Mike seemed pretty happy, almost proud. I imagined him making a stupid but funny joke like he always does and I almost giggled myself.

I turned to Léa and I asked her:
"Should we wear matching outfits at the wedding, sis?"
"Blue or peach?" she answered smiling.