Chapter 12

Alex POV

He fucking cheated on me! He was supposed to be the one person in my life that wasn't and asshole! He's so fucking selfish and stupid and cute and funny and- FUCK HIM WHY DO I STILL THINK THAT?!

You know, I should be so pissed at him, and I am, but more than that I'm heartbroken, I loved him, I still love him and ugh I hate it.

I pick up my phone and go to look at the messages from when we were happy, I scroll through all the messages he sent snd I didn't answer.. maybe i deserved this?

Maybe it's just pay back for me not making time for him. Yeah.. I deserve this, he's in the right. I guess he's gonna wanna break up now:

But I'm still angry.. I know it's not his fault but I'm pissed. I hear a knock on my door so I get up and open it.

I see Lafayette standing there awkwardly "um hey, John's not answering his phone, is he here?" He asks

I shake my head "no, he's probably to busy hooking up with Frances to answer his phone" I reply and go to close the door but he holds it open

"Wait what? Why would he be hooking up with Frances?" He asked then gasps "is that my Frances was looking for him today? Did they sleep together? Oh- mon ami I'm so sorry"

I roll my eyes "I don't care, he can do whatever he wants, just do me a favour and tell him not to text me" I reply. Me and laf used to be friends. We met on the play coming to America but then I became friends with Jefferson and all that and we don't really speak

"I'm sure there's some reason he did this, maybe he was drink, or Frances forced him" he suggests

"Nope, they were sitting in John's room and then they hooked up, just leave me alone Lafayette" he sighs and nods

"Alright.. take care of yourself Alex" he smiles a bit at me then walks away. I close the door and sigh.

Weeks later
John POV

Alex hasn't spoken to me since I told him about me and Frances, well he has but only when him and Jefferson are insulting me.

I tied Frances I don't love him snd he moved schools Cuz of it, I feel a little bad but at least this means Alex knows there's nothing between us.

I need to make it up to Alex and I think I know how. I wanted to give him time to heal a bit first. Now the only thing I need is to get him to meet.

Peggy said that she'll talk to Eliza and 'convince' her to get Alex to meet me somewhere, so she's probably gonna blackmail her or something.

Right now I'm waiting at a coffee shop for him. I just hope that peggy can get Eliza to get Alex to come.

After waiting for what feels like hours I see Alex approaching with Eliza, he doesn't see me at first but when he does he tries to turn around, Eliza stops him then pushes him over to me then walks away "hey.." I say nervously

"What do you want?" He asks, he doesn't look at me he just stares at the ground

"I want to take you back. I know I hurt you Alex, snd I am beyond sorry. I love you, and I want to make it up to you" I explain and reach out and touch his hand

"Ou great, you Have a time machine to go back snd stop cheating on me?" He says coldly.

"No, but I wanna talk to you, please just let me buy you a drink" I beg

"Fine" he walks inside and goes to the counter, I follow him. He orders a munch of things then I order.

We take a seat "so I guess you're pretty hungry then" I smile weakly at him

"No I'm not I just want to waist your money" he replies. I nod snd sigh "now talk"

I look at him "Alex I know what I did was horrible, there no excuse and you have no reason to forgive me, I know that. But i need you to know I never wanted to hurt you, I never wanted to do that, I love you and I miss you, so so much. I beg you, please give me another chance to prove I can do better"

Tears come to his eyes then he looks now "how? All I think about now Is you and him? How do I know it's not gonna happen again, with someone else"

"Because I reuse to let myself make that mistake again. It's the worst thing I've ever done. Alex I'm so sorry I love you"