Chapter 10

Alex POV

Frances seems like a dick, he needs to hire up and move on from john. Obviously I feel horrible about yelling all that stuff at John's and I wouldn't have it John didn't want me to.

Ugh and if John finds out I'm the one that told Frances he didn't love him he'll be pissed. So I guess I just have to deal with John's ex being all over him while I pretend to hate John

A few weeks later
John POV

Alex is having a party at his house with the class, so obviously I'm not going, me snd Frances are hanging out at my place though. I think Alex has gotten comfortable with me and Frances being friends.

Right now we're just sitting in my bed talking about random things. "So how are things with you and Alex?" He asks

"Oh, good I guess.. he hasn't been talking to me as much, if he ever can talk to me at school it's only for like 5-10 minutes then he has to go, plus he's 'back with Eliza' which means he's busy most weekends. So I can only go over when he's not having people over. We text sometimes though"

"Does he reply to your texts" I just nod a little "can I see them?"  I sigh and hand me my phone

7:32am

In the place to be🍻: hey

8:46am

In the place to be🍻: are you free today ?

12:03pm

In the place to be🍻: lexi? Are we meeting in the bathrooms today?

1:59pm

In the place to be🍻: ok you must be busy I'll text you tonight💕

4:12pm

In the place to be🍻: I heard there's a party tonight at your place? What time does it finish.. can you come over after?

4:38pm

In the place to be🍻: Frances is coming over  soon, so I'll see you tomorrow at 12 right?

5:22pm

Nonstop📝: sorry Johnny I can't hang out tomorrow, eliza wants me to go to her place, I'll text you when I'm free

In the place to be🍻: oh ok.. I'll talk to you later than

"John.. this is all just him ghosting you then blowing you off" I sigh and look down at my hands

"Well he's busy, text me when he gets the chance" I reply. Frances takes my hand

"Jack, come on he's ignoring you. You should be what he makes time for not what he does in his spare time"

I shrug "it's ok, I'm the one that suggested him pretending to break up with me"

"So? You're still his boyfriend and he should by real you better" he moved closer to me snd tilts my head up to look at him. "John you deserve someone who would give you there full attention all the time"

I blush a little and I can't help but think about how much fun we had when we were together. We were so in love.. he took care of me. Maybe he's who I'm meant to be with. I suddenly realise he's still staring at me.

I bite my lip nervously then lean in and kiss him. He kisses back and puts his hand on my cheek. I don't pull away. We soon stay to do a little more than just kissing.. then a lot more

The next day

I wake up snd see Frances next to me. He has his arms around me. I can't believe I cheated on Alex.. There wasn't even a point, cuz right now I don't feel anything for Frances.. when we went out it always felt special snd like true love, but last night was different.

It didn't feel like I was with someone I love, it felt like I was just trying to relive our relationship. But I don't love him anymore. I know that.. he doesn't make me feel the way Alex makes me feel.

I know Alex isn't always here, but when he is, it's like he never left. And he never lies, he tells me every time he kisses Eliza then says he's sorry every time, he still tries to stop Thomas hurting me and if he does then he tells me to go to his place snd get some rest so he can look after me when he gets home.

Alex makes me laugh and smile, I know that's a pretty basic thing for your boyfriend to do but he goes out of his way make me smile. Holy shit I'm in love with Alex