Matt Murdock x Reader - Angel

REQUESTED

Y/N's P.O.V.

They called me the Angel, which I found quite amusing, considering I lived and worked in Hell's Kitchen. Not to mention, my best friend was the Devil himself.
The public called me a vigilante, sometimes they even called me a hero, but all I wanted to do was to make my home a safer place.

"Matt, I'm gonna kick your ass." I sighed as I looked at the man in front of me. He limped forward and I walked towards him, putting my hand on his shoulder, stopping him.
"What the Hell are you doing? I told you to stay home, you can barely stand-"

"You told me to stay home and then you go missing for three days." There was a serious tone to his voice and I sighed.
"I was worried. Where have you been?"

"Don't worry about it." I shook my head and he clenched his jaw.
"Come on, let's get you home." I let him lean on me as we walked towards the edge of the building, going down the fire escape.
I had known Matt Murdock a little over 6 months, whereas I had known the Devil of Hell's Kitchen for over a year.
We never really worked together, but I helped him when he needed it and he returned the favour. Then, one night, I got hurt. I was on my own and I thought I was going to die, but he found me. The devil saved my life.
We introduced ourselves properly after that and before too long, I was moving into his spare room. Not only could we be each other's alibis when we snuck out at night, but it made teaming up and helping each other out a lot easier.

"You're hurt." Matt stated bluntly after we made it back to our shared apartment.
I ignored him, pulling my mask off and dropping it onto the table, quietly telling Matt that I was going for a shower. He didn't respond and I went into the bathroom, taking a much needed shower.
Matt was right, it had been three days since I had been back to the apartment, my body covered in new cuts and bruises. It was nothing serious, the worst I had was a cut on my shoulder, but it wasn't even deep enough to need stitches.
Neither of us said a word as I moved from the bathroom, into my bedroom, where I got changed into a tank top and leggings.
My body was sore and I needed sleep, but judging by the look on Matt's face, he wanted to talk.
"Where have you been?"

"I told you not to worry about it." I muttered, dropping down onto my couch.
"I'm back now."

"You're hurt." He repeated and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm fine." I shook my head.
"I'm more worried about you. You almost died the other night, you lost way too much blood-"

"And you went missing!" I was taken back by him raising his voice at me.
"You didn't say where you were going or when you would be back, you just left. I thought you were dead! It wasn't until I heard..." He trailed off, clenching his fists and I looked at him carefully.
I didn't want to have this conversation, but Matt clearly did and I had never seen him that worked up about anything.
"I thought you were dead, Y/N. Then I heard that you almost killed a man."

"So? It's nothing you haven't done before." I muttered, looking down at my bruised knuckles.

"You're the Angel for a reason. You don't do that. You've never done that. That man will be eating through a tube for the rest of his life." My jaw clenched at that and I glared down at my hands.

"Good." I whispered and one of Matt's hands covered both of mine, causing me to look up at him.
He looked worried and my chest felt tight. All of a sudden, the weight of what I had done hit me and I sucked in a breath.
Matt was right, I didn't do that.
"He..." The words got caught in my throat as I looked at the man in front of me.
"He was the man that hurt you. The man that almost killed you." I admitted and his frown deepened.
"I was so scared I was going to lose you, you're the only person who... I'm wanted him dead."

"It's okay." Matt pulled me against his chest as silent tears fell down my cheeks. I gripped onto him, burying my head in the crook of his neck. He practically dragged me into his lap and if it was any other situation, I probably would have gotten quite flustered.
"Y/N, look at me." I did as he said and he immediately leaned his forehead against mine.
"I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." Matt whispered and I closed my eyes.
Bringing his hands up, he wiped away my tears and I couldn't help but lean into his warm touch.

"Matt?" He hummed quietly, his eyes closed.
"Thank you." He leaned forward ever so slightly, pressing his lips against mine. It caught me off guard, but I kissed him back, his hands falling to my waist, pulling me even closer.

"Anytime, Y/N."