Natasha Romanoff x Reader - Target

It's a short chapter, but I'm my defence, it's 1am

Y/N's P.O.V.

Taking the shot glass in my hand, I brought it up to my lips, before tipping my head back. The liquid slipped down my throat, leaving a slight burn. My eyes scanned the room, watching my target carefully as she got up and walked towards the door. I slipped out of my chair, moving through the groups of people in the club, reaching the exit, just as the door closed. Going outside, the cold nighttime air nipping at my skin, I saw no sign of the target.

"Looking for someone?" A feminine voice asked and I turned my head, seeing a familiar face, unfortunately it wasn't the face I was looking for.

"Agent Romanoff. How good to see you again. You haven't, by chance just seen a lovely looking woman in a white dress, have you?" I asked with an innocent smile.
"Lovely blonde hair, the prettiest green eyes? I got her name, but not her number."

"I'm sure you'll be able to find her again, L/N. Last I heard, you don't even need a full name to track someone down." I rolled my eyes a little at that.
"What are you doing here in New York?"

"I hope you know that that target just cost me half a million." I sighed in frustration.
"My employer isn't going to be pleased I let her go."

"I'm sure you'll live." Natasha shrugged.
"I'm going to ask you again, L/N, what are you doing in New York?"

"What does it look like, Tasha?" I asked, extending my arms and spinning around.
"I'm working and my deal with SHIELD means you can't interfere. So why don't you run back to the Avengers clubhouse because I have a lovely little blonde to find and kill."

"I'm not going anywhere and neither are you." I raised an eyebrow at the spy, looking at her carefully.
"Fury sent me to collect you. He's got a mission, for both of us."

"I'm working. I'm not dropping half a million to come and play spy with you and get paid nothing." I scoffed.
"Tell Fury-"

"Y/N, please." Natasha looked at me and to say I was shocked was an understatement. The Natasha Romanoff I knew rarely ever called me by my first name and she certainly never said please.

"This is personal, isn't it?" I asked and she nodded her head slightly.
"The Avengers?"

"We were on a mission, it should have been in and out, but it was a setup. Half of the team got captured, the rest of us barely got out alive." I frowned at that.
"It turns out there's still some HYDRA left in SHIELD."

"How badly are you hurt?" I asked and she shook her head, before lifting up her tee, revealing some serious looking bruises peaking out from under thick bandages.
"Jesus, Romanoff... so what? You want me to help you get them back then find the rat?"

"Fury won't pay you, but I will." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

"No." I shook my head.

"Y/N, they're my family-"

"No... I'll get them back, but you're in no condition to fight. You're barely even standing up." She looked at me in confusion.
"I don't want your money either. You find the HYDRA mole and I'll save the Avengers." She looked at me in disbelief and I reached into my pocket, pulling out a pen and moving closer to the woman. Taking her hand in mine, I wrote my number on the back of her hand, before stepping back.
"Go back to the tower and text me the details. Don't worry about paying me. We'll sort that out later."

"Thank you." Natasha muttered and I nodded my head.
"Your girl went that way." She gestured towards the end of the street.
"She was on the phone, said something about meeting someone in the park near her house."

"Perfect." I smirked, winking at the spy.
"I'll see you soon, Tasha."