Natasha Romanoff x Reader - I Hate You p2

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So... are we going to talk about it?" Steve asked, breaking the silence as I turned the page of my book.

"Talk about what?" I asked, looking up at him, seeing he had put his sketchbook and pencil down and there was a small smirk on his face.

"How you and Nat both disappeared from the party last night?" He asked and I felt heat crawling up my cheeks.
"Or maybe how I found the two of you cuddled up and asleep on the couch this morning?"

"Wow, I hate you." I mumbled and he laughed.

"So?"

"There's nothing to talk about." I lied.
"We talked, we drank, we fell asleep. I still hate her and she still hates me. Nothing has changed."

"Okay." Steve nodded, but I knew he didn't believe me.
"Where are you going?"

"I'm tired. I'm going to my room." I yawned, making him chuckle. I walked towards the elevator, wanting nothing more than to curl up under my sheets and sleep.
When I owned my door, I was more than shocked to find Nat already in my room in her pyjamas, which consisted of a large T-shirt, shorts and fluffy socks.
"What are you doing- you know what? Never mind. We need to talk."

"About last night?" She guessed and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but that can't-" She shut me up with a kiss and I was almost tempted to kiss her back. I wanted to, but I knew I couldn't.
"Tasha, we can't." I mumbled, feeling myself getting upset as I stepped away from her.

"Why not?" Her voice sounded mad, but her expression conveyed sadness.
"Why can't we? Is it because of the others?"

"No." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Then what is it? Because I honestly can't see a reason why we can't." I moved to sit on the edge of my bed, running a hand through my hair.

"We're supposed to hate each other..."

"That's it?" She scoffed.
"The childish rivalry between the two of us?" I looked down, letting out a shaky breath as she stepped towards me.
"Y/N, I started that on purpose. I pushed myself to be better than you to get your attention, because... I like you. It was never meant to push you away, but I let it go to far."

"You what?" I asked in disbelief, looking up at her. She liked me, but that wasn't what I was shocked about.
"You started the rivalry on purpose? Do you know what that was like for me? To constantly reminded that I was second best? Oh my God." She frowned, obviously not knowing what I meant.
"I tortured myself, trying to be your equal. I trained until I passed out, I read every book on different fighting styles I could find, I overworked myself to the point where I made myself physically ill."

"No." She shook her head.
"You're lying. You never-"

"Yes I did." I glared at her.
"I wasn't sleeping, barely eating, constantly training. You didn't notice of course, because you were too busy doing... whatever it is you do in your free time. I was talking with Steve when I dropped. I didn't want the fuss of everyone around me, so whilst I went to a normal hospital, Steve covered for me and said Fury picked me up for a mission."

"6 months in Europe, tracking down weapons traders." She mumbled and I nodded.

"That was the cover story, yeah." I mumbled.
"And even after I got back, the rivalry continued."

"I didn't know." She whispered.
"If I had known-"

"How could you?" I asked dryly and she didn't reply.
"You should go." She hesitated, before nodding her head and walking over to the door. Before she left, she looked back at me and there were tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I really am." Nat whispered, before leaving and closing the door behind her. It was barely a few seconds later when my door opened again, revealing a concerned looking Steve.

"Y/N? What just happened? Why was Nat crying- why are you crying?" He came over and pulled me into a hug, one I quickly returned. I told him everything.

~

"JARVIS, call everyone in for dinner, please." I requested the AI as I moved the plates over to the table and the team slowly came in.

"Where's Nat?" Bruce asked and I looked around as if I hadn't noticed the other woman hadn't shown up.

"She said she wasn't feeling too great. Girl problems." Clint shrugged and Tony pulled a face. Steve gave me a sympathetic look, which I decided to ignore.

"I'm fine." We all turned to see Nat as she approached the table. I didn't want to feel guilty, but it was nearly impossible when it was painfully obvious she had been crying.

"You okay?" Steve asked as she sat down and my eyes bored into the table.

"I said I'm fine." She mumbled and someone nudged my foot, causing me to look up to see Clint, looking at me.

'What happened with you two?' He mouthed and I narrowed my eyes at him, shaking my head slightly, looking back down, but he just kicked me again.

"Alright, somebody better start talking!" Tony sighed dramatically, standing up from his seat.
"Y/N only cooks F/F when she's sad and I'm sorry, Nat, but you've been crying and we can all tell. Steve has been in characteristically quiet considering Y/N is upset, so either he hasn't noticed she's sad, which is very unlikely, or he knows what happened and is keeping his mouth shut."

"Alright, thanks Sherlock." Steve rolled his eyes.
"But it's really none of your business."

"And it is yours?" Tony fired back and for a brief second, I locked eyes with Nat. Tony amd Steve bickered as Clint and Bruce joined in.
Nat was hurt and angry, but so was I.
I pulled my phone out and opened out texts, hesitating.

Tasha🕷💀

I'm sorry

For what?

Her reply came quick, quicker than I was expecting and the boys continued to argue.

I was too harsh on you earlier
It's my fault I pushed myself too far
Not yours

I should have owned up sooner
I'm sorry for kissing you earlier
You clearly didn't want to

I'm sorry for making you cry
And you're wrong about what happened earlier
I did want to

I looked at her across the table and she was already looking at me. I was nervous, more nervous than I had been in a long time, but I didn't let it stop me. I stood up and Nat looked confused as I moved around the table towards her. The guys stopped arguing and Steve said my name, but I didn't stop. Nat stood up and she must have realised what I was doing because as soon as I stepped towards her, she pushed her lips against mine.

"Oh, okay... so when you said girl problems..."