Stephen Strange x Reader - Little Miss Stark p3

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You know Tony means well, Y/N. He just forgets that he can't do whatever he wants all the time." Nat spoke over the phone as I doodled aimlessly on the paper in front of me.

"I know that. But I was with a friend. It was embarrassing." I mumbled.

"A friend, huh?" I could practically see her grin.
"What are they like?"

"He's cocky, a little arrogant, too smooth for his own good and has better hair than I do." I dropped my pen, sitting back in the chair.

"Sounds like you like him." She replied and I thought about my previous words carefully.

"Nah, he likes himself too much for that, trust me." I replied with a shrug, not caring that she couldn't see me.

"Right." She didn't sound convinced.
"Y/N, I have to go. I'll speak to you later."

"Bye, Nat." She hung up and I cleared up my doodles, before deciding to go for a run to help blow off some steam. It had been a while, and it was what I was originally planning on doing, before the ex-spy called me.
I changed into something I could run comfortably in, before leaving my room and the sanctum all together.
I made it to the park, only to find Steve and Bucky sat on a bench. They waved me over as soon as they saw me and I let out a huff, going over to them.
"You can tell Tony that if he keeps stalking me-"

"Woah, calm down." Steve raised his hands.
"No one is stalking you. We came for a run and just stopped for a break."

"Oh." I muttered, feeling my face burn.
"Sorry."

"So your brother is stalking you?" Bucky asked, clearly a little confused.
I explained to them what had happened earlier and neither of them seemed surprised.
"It's not really a shock. He's just worried about you."

"Yeah, especially considering everything that's happening with HYDRA at the moment." It was my turn to be confused.

"HYDRA? What's happening with Hydra?" I asked carefully and the pair looked at each other.

"Nothing-" Steve shut up when he saw my glare.
"They've threatened to take you and a couple of other people Tony cares about and use you for experiments. There's this kid Peter and they also threatened Pepper... Tony got pretty upset about it. I thought he would have told you."

"No, but he should have." I muttered.
"I came out to clear my head, but now I just have more things to worry about..."

"Y/N, I'm sorry. We shouldn't have told you." Steve frowned and I shook my head.

"No, I'm glad you did." I sighed.
"I should get going. I've got work to do."

"You walked right? Let us walk you back?" Bucky asked innocently.
"It's not safe with HYDRA after you. They'll attack when you're least expecting it."

"No, it's fine-"

"We promise we won't tell Tony we know where you're staying." Steve looked at me hopefully.
"And we won't ask questions."

"You should say yes, because if you say no, we'll just follow you to make sure you get back safe and then we'll definitely tell Stark." Bucky smirked a little and I knew there was no way out of this.

"Fine, but if Tony shows up on my doorstep, I will not hesitate to kick both of your asses." I replied seriously, making Steve laugh awkwardly. They had no idea of the training I had and even without using any form of magic, I could probably beat them in a fight.
"Come on." We all began to walk back to the Sanctum and I couldn't help but think about what they had told me. HYDRA couldn't know anything about my life as a sorceress, could they? I knew they were targeting me because of Tony, but if they knew the truth, it could put me in more danger than I could imagine. But it wouldn't just put me in danger, but Wong and Strange would be at risk too.

"Y/N?" Steve put his hand on my shoulder and I flinched.
"You're shaking like a leaf."

"Sorry. What you've told me about HYDRA has overwhelmed me a little. I just need some time to process it." I admitted, shaking my head.

"Maybe you should come back to the tower with us?" Bucky suggested.
"I know you're mad at Tony, but you'll be safe there."

"Trust me, where I'm staying is pretty secure." My phone began to ring and I took it out of my pocket, seeing Strange's contact pop up.

"Where are you?" He asked as soon as I answered.

"Hello to you too, Strange." I said sarcastically.

"Y/N." He didn't sound amused.

"I'm a couple of minutes away, has something happened?" I asked carefully, earning a confused look off both of the men I was walking with.

"Did you know about HYDRA has put a threat on your life?" I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"How did you find out about that?" I asked carefully.

"I have my ways. So you already knew?"

"No. About 10 minutes ago I was told HYDRA was threatening to kidnap me, not kill me." I gave Steve a pointed glare.
"Although, there is a bit of a difference."

"You think?" He asked sarcastically.
"Where are you?"

"Around the corner." I replied and he hung up.

"Who was that?" Bucky asked.

"A friend from work." I sighed, putting my phone in my pocket.

"A friend from work, who knows about HYDRA? And their real intentions with you?" Steve looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What happened to no questions?" I asked tiredly.

"I lied." Steve deadpanned.
"Y/N, what is your job, exactly?"

"You know I'm not going to tell you that." I sighed as the Sanctum came into view, Strange stood by the doors.
"You two can leave now."

"Not until we see you go inside." Bucky replied stubbornly and I rolled my eyes.
Strange turned to face us and when we got close enough, he spoke.

"I see you brought friends." He looked at Bucky and Steve.

"I didn't really have much of a choice." I sighed.
"Besides, they're leaving now, anyway." Bucky narrowed his eyes at the two of us.

"If anything happens, call us?" Steve asked.
"Please?"

"Yeah, I will." I lied.