Steve Rogers x Reader - Nightmares

REQUESTED
It's really short, I know, I'm not happy about it either

Y/N's P.O.V.

I shot up into a sitting position, the blankets falling as I took shaky breaths, trying to calm myself down.
The TV left a blue glow over the room, the movie long over.
Something moved next to me and I didn't have to look to know that my nightmare hadn't just woken me up.

"Y/N?" Steve asked softly, sitting up.
"Y/N, it's okay. Look at me." I turned my head, seeing his sleepy expression, before I closed my eyes as he wiped away my tears.
"It's okay. It was just a nightmare. You're okay."

"I know. God, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have woken you up." I muttered, frowning.
"You've just got back from that big mission and these stupid nightmares-"

"Y/N, it's okay. Yeah, I'm tired, but it's good that you woke me up. I don't want you to go through this alone." He muttered, kissing my head.

"You're exhausted, Steve." I corrected him.
"And it's not okay. None of this is okay. I can't keep waking you up, you're a literal superhero, you need sleep and not to be woken up every night." I stood up, getting more and more frustrated.
"Go back to sleep, I'm just gonna go somewhere I'm not gonna be a burden to anyone."

"Hey, Y/N, no. You're not going anywhere." Steve stood up, pulling me into his chest as more tears threatened to spill over the edge.
"You're not a burden. A burden is something you're forced to carry against your will. I freely choose to be a part of your life, I freely chose to marry you, and that means you're not a burden to me. You never will be." He held me tightly as a sob escaped my throat.
"I love you, so goddamn much, and I hate to see you upset, but I prefer it when you wake me, because then I can help you, okay?"

"I love you too, Steve." I muttered.
"But I can't help but feel guilty-"

"Don't." He smiled softly
"I think I've slept more than enough for one lifetime, don't you?" I nodded my head, laughing weakly.
"Now, come back to bed and let's put on another movie."

"Thank you." I muttered.

"Anytime, Y/N."