Steve Rogers x Reader - Heroes and Villains

In this one, Y/N is mute
Idk what this is really, I personally don't like it that much, but meh

Y/N's P.O.V.

I thought I was doing the right thing. I was brainwashed into thinking that they deserved it. Brainwashed into thinking that those people deserved to die.
Of course, I wouldn't tell them that, not that I could if I wanted to. HYDRA personally made sure I wouldn't be able to tell anyone anything ever again. I knew what I was doing was bad, even when I believed I was on the good side of things. I am responsible for my own actions and I deserved everything I got, including the beating I had received from Tony Stark himself.

"What the Hell is this, Tony?" A new voice asked and I pulled my knees closer to my chest, the action sending a horrible pain through my ribs. My hands were tied with rope and I could feel it cutting into my wrists, but it the small amount of pain was a welcome distraction from the several broken ribs and other injuries I had received in the last hour.
I looked up at Steve Rogers, before looking down at the cement floor again.

"She's not speaking..." Stark muttered angrily.
"There's still another bomb and it could go off at any minute and she's not-" He stepped towards me, but Steve stopped him, stepping in front of me.

"Tony, I get you're upset. I'm upset the kid got hurt too, but this isn't how we do things." Steve scolded.
"We don't kick people when they're down. If we do that, we're just as bad as them."

"Whatever." Stark scoffed and Steve kneeled next to me. I flinched when his hands touched mine, moving the rope on my wrists.

"Jesus, Tony. If beating her half to death wasn't enough..." He shook his head, before looking at me.
"I'm not going to hurt you, but if you know anything about the other bomb, you gotta tell us. Please." I tried to move my hands to sign to him, but winced when my bloodied wrists scraped against the rope. Steve seemed confused for a second, before his eyes widened.
"Do you understand what I'm saying?" I nodded my head.
"Can you speak?" I shook my head no.

"So she wasn't speaking because... she can't?" Stark asked, almost looking guilty.

"Tony, go and get a notepad and a pen. Or anything she can write with." Steve ordered, before carefully untying the rope on my wrists. He grimaced when he saw the state my wrists were in.
The billionaire left and returned a few minutes later with loose pieces of paper and a pen, handing them to Steve, who passed them to Steve. I struggled moving into a position where I could actually write, but as soon as I did, I managed to write down the bomb's location.

"Cap, I've got the bomb. You deal with our new friend." Stark ordered as he left and my eyes widened as he left. I quickly began to write down words without even thinking about it.

I'm sorry
I didn't want to hurt anyone
They made me do it
Please don't kill me

"I'm not going to kill you. I already said I wasn't going to hurt you." Steve spoke softly.
"Have you got a name?"

When I worked with the Winter Soldier they called me Silence because they cut out my vocal chords
But I used to be called Y/N

"You know Bucky?" Steve asked in shock and I looked at him in confusion.
"The Winter Soldier. His name is Bucky, he's my best friend and if we take you to him and he can confirm HYDRA controlled you, like they controlled him, then I think I can help you."

Really?

"Yeah." Steve nodded.
"Let's get you out of here. I'm going to pick you up now, okay?" I hesitantly nodded and he carefully hooked his arms around my back and under my legs. As soon as he picked me up, I squeezed my eyes shut and my mouth opened in a silent scream.