23 - it doesn't make sense

HIGH LOW
˗ˏˋ  🍓 ͛ ˳ 💌 ⋆ ˚🎸 ˎˊ˗
chapter twenty three

third person;

"hey angel," daniel gave the girl a smile as she walked up the stairs at the entrance of the school, himself and his two friends standing up.

"hey," she softly replied giving the boy, zach and jack a smile in return.

"i missed you yesterday.." jack mentioned once the girl stopped in front of them, "i had to try and do all my chemistry work on my own."

"daniel didn't help?" she said through a small laugh, looking between the two boys.

"nope."

"i barely even know what i was doing," daniel defending himself. "anyway should we head into the school now or..?"

"i don't want to," angel mumbled.

"you know i heard like a couple people talking about it yesterday.." he mentioned, grabbing ahold of her hand to get her to look at him. "it'll be fine. and we're all here with you."

"no offence angel, but you're irrelevant to everyone here," zach spoke up with a small grin on his lip. "well except us, but no one else really knows who you are."

"oh thanks zach, really reassuring," she somewhat sarcastically responded, following it by pressing her lips together and nodding.

"who care if it not true, just own it," jack suggested through a shrug.

"but we didn't have sex?" she softly furrowed as she turned to look at the boy.

"yeah but you kissed so it's close enough," zach mentioned.

"..you told them that?" angel's eyes went back to daniel as she slowly and gently pulled her hand away from his.

"corbyn was asking if we hooked up so i told them what actually happened," he quickly explained himself.

"oh okay.." she slowly nodded while loosely folding her arms. "but i'm not okay with stepping inside there and lying to people about something that didn't happen."

"yeah but you could walk in there and if someone asks you can respond, yeah and so what if i did you shouldn't shame me for it," jack babbled, then clapped his hands together. "power move."

"and you know this will work how?" she slightly tilted her head. "have you had this happen to you?"

"i don't- i just- i don't know, it- it's an idea," he stuttered his response. "and no because i've haven't had sex before so yeah.."

"well i haven't either and people are still make these rumours about me.." she shrugged, then turn back to daniel, "do you not care if people make rumours about you having sex?"

"no not really.."

"daniel's had sex before and everyone knew about it so it's not his first rodeo," zach chimed in.

daniel let out a huff as he shook his head at the youngest boy. "just sometimes zach, you need to realise you shouldn't open your mouth," he politely scolded him, not wanting to cause too much of a scene.

"..girls almost always get shamed by other girls whether they defend themselves or 'own it'. and it doesn't make sense," angel spoke up to break the silence after looking between the boys for a few seconds.

"i still think no one's gonna talk about it.. so let's just go in, the bell's gonna ring soon anyway," daniel replied.

"i'll tell ya angel, just say fuck it, i fucked daniel," jack said once again whole took a couple steps backwards towards to school building entrance. "we all know she only posted it because she's jealous you're hanging out with her ex."

"and acting like it did happen will make tamia more jealous, instead of satisfying her by you trying to defend yourself.." zach added with a shrug as he was still stood beside her, before called out to jack and catching up with him.

"this is high school, angel, it's not always gonna be the best, but why not just have a little fun with it," daniel suggested with a smile as the two stayed stood there, looking at each other.

"okay.."

AUTHORS NOTE

i think this is the shortest written chapter i've ever put out but i don't wanna make it longer and then not be happy with it... anyway i woke up at like 6:30 and couldn't get back to sleep so enjoy this early update