20 - people believe anything

HIGH LOW
˗ˏˋ 🍓 ͛ ˳ 💌 ⋆ ˚🎸 ˎˊ˗
chapter twenty

third person;

"yeah so, hollie, you shouldn't mess with angel cause her dad is basically a spy and her mom can arrest you," zach end his short ramble to the girl sat at the table as he leant against the empty chair of the table in front of her's.

"ooo so scary," hollie sarcastically replied in a very mono tone, her eyes staying on her phone as she kept texting her friends. "too bad it's already posted."

"wait what?!" he partly exclaimed but not loud enough for the whole class to hear, standing up properly and now placing his hands on hollie's desk. "hollie? what do you mean?!"

she let out a small huff as she switched over apps, clicking on the story that tamia had just posted. "not posted by me so i can't do anything about it.. not like i would've anyway," she quickly showed him the phone screen then she looked at him, turning her phone off as she crossed her arms.

"tell her to take it down," he argued.

"no, why would i?" she let out a small laugh while shaking her head. "also get off my desk and go to your own."

"what does it even say?" he folded his arms as he lent back against the desk once again, ignore the second half of her request.

"about how her and daniel hookup at corbyn's party the other night although he's dating tamia," she explained, followed by subtly rolling her eyes since the boy won't listen to her.

"but none of that is true?!"

"yeah but you know people believe anything so why not fuck around a bit," she shrugged. "it's a rumour, it's not going to hurt anyone."

"yeah but it could." zach rolled his eyes at her.

"hey angel," hollie gave the girl the fakest smile as she walking in the classroom and over to the two.

"hey," angel gave her a small smile in return before taking a seat at the table beside hollie's. "i thought you two didn't get along.."

"he's annoying me," hollie huffed.

"zach herron, seat," miss jennings announced in front of the class as she entered he room since she was the only one not at their table, pointing at the boy's designated seat at the front of the room.

"miss can i sit down here today?" he looked over his shoulder at her and pointing at the seat near him, "pleaseee i promise i'll behave."

"sure zach," she replied while placing a pile of sheets on her desk. "but one word out of you and you're back at your own desk."

"thank youu," he partly sung out, standing up from the desk and going to the one of the other side of angel.

as miss jennings begun the lesson and everyone quietened down, zach kept glancing over at angel trying to decided how he was going to telling her about the whole social media situation that hollie and her friends conducted.

hiding his phone under the desk whilst still trying his best to pay attention to the teacher and writing down his notes, zach found the story tamia had posted. glancing between the phone and the front of the room as he read over it.

he looked over at angel, carefully placing his phone on her desk once the teacher had turned around to face the board. angel furrowed at him slightly. he held his pointer finger up to his mouth, signalling for her to not say anything.

"okay.." she hesitantly mouthed in response. pulling her pencil case over closer to the phone to hide it from miss jennings.

reading over all the false information and complete lies had upset angel — especially since she thought this school would be different. she wiped the couple tears away from underneath her eyes and subtly handing zach his phone back.

"are you okay?" zach whispered, receiving a nod in response before angel turned her attention back to the teacher.

'don't let it bother you it's not true' she kept repeating over and over in her head as she tried her best not to worry about the post and focusing on the english work.

AUTHORS NOTE

i'm sorrryyyy also ten chapters left???!?